Last reply 1 month ago
Walking zombie

So for the past 5 weeks fatigue has been a massive issue. Last week i started on Amantadine to try help me stay awake and this week started on my double dose 200mg but today im like a zombie! Im so tired of being tired. Im falling asleep on sofa at 9pm and il sleep all night then wake up like ive not slept. Ive realised since the colder weather has come ive started being like this! How do other people cope with fatigue cause im struggling.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@emarshallzo , clearly, Amantadine isn’t working for you. Have a word with your Doctor and see if they would allow you to try Modafinil.

andysshere
1 month ago

hi ,i total feel for you . have felt like this sins january with extremly varing tiedness but always feeling extremly tired . it keeps evolving but am now satarting to see light at the end of the tunnel hopefully . i read and watch videos about it and everything kept saying its about energy management . this is totaly correct so if you can rest for a long time go for it . i have change my life because of this . tell all the medical people and keep a diary of the worst times and good and anything you changed .

niteowl
1 month ago

Yup this sounds all so familiar, I go and do my stuff in the morning and by 2/3 the fatigue kicks in and I crash out and sleep 😴 this afternoon it was 3 hours again ….. thankfully a day off, am struggling at my work and have to snooze before I go to work …..
Am sick of being so tired 💤 My family doesn’t seem to understand how it just hits me and I am floored.
I lead a busy life and I am finding this all so hard to deal with, I have always been so active and yea am still tired now 😬

peterfrancis
1 month ago

Hi @emarshallzo

Fatigue and general tiredness at the most random and unexpected times of day is a pain in the ass to say the least. I tend to fall asleep at around mid-morning for a good couple of hours every day.

Don’t know if it is due to the natural progression of MS or perhaps the high dose of medication that I’m taking (Gabapentin).

How to cope with / handle Fatigue, well when it does happen which thankfully hasn’t been too often, I just tend to ride it out and let it wash over me.

The main thing is to minimise your to do list and relax as much as you can.

If you feel your meds need addressing then ensure you talk to your MS Nurse about your concerns.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.