Last reply 2 weeks ago
Vitamin d

Hi all 🤗 haven’t posted in a while… I am now 5 months post round 2 of lemtrada and doing really well… Neuro has just told me to up my vitamin d tablets to 4000 iu a day.. Just wanting advice on how much vit d others take and any other vitamins people take ?? Xxx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 , I’m glad you’re doing well.

As far as Vitamin D3 is concerned, I think you’ll find a fair few of us are on 5,000 iu per day. I know I am. Some will be lower and a few will be higher.

leanne12
2 weeks ago

@stumbler thanks for your reply. I’m going to start a higher dosage. Where would I find such a high dosage ?? I normally use Holland and Barrett 2000 iu or could I just take 2 tablets of them ones ?

vivien
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 I was advised by my MS nurse and GP to take 10,000 IU as I live in not so sunny Scotland!

I also take a double dose of kids chewable multi vitamins.

I’ve not had a cold, flu or any other viral infections since I started taking them in Feb, so something’s working, as I work in an open plan office with aircon and heating with 17 colleagues who’ve all had bugs passing between them all year!

I also take regular walks and exercise classes as advised by Neuro.

I just need to get my weight under control now, which the dietician is going to assist me with………….

You can send me a friend request if you want to know where I get the cheapest vit d3 from, my GP even took the details as he couldn’t believe I could get 100 vit d3 capsules @ 10,000 IU for under £3.

glawsdan
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 1000iu a day in winter. 500 iu in summer.

Dan

sam10
2 weeks ago

@leane12
2000 IU and irregularly.

leanne12
2 weeks ago

Gosh @vivien 10,000 that’s very high isn’t it I really don’t have a clue. I’ve also heard that turmeric and cod liver oil are also good to take. Thanks for all your replies guys xxx

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 , Google is your friend when you’re searching for a specific product.

Personally, I use http://www.troohealthcare.com/p-839-vitamin-d3-5000iu-365-capsules.aspx . But other suppliers are available. 😉

cammo
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 7000IU per day. It is marketed as a weekly 7000IU tablet but I take it daily.

teresapascolat
2 weeks ago

@leanne12 I have been taking 100,000 (a hundred thousand) IU once a week, prescribed by my GP.

jolea
2 weeks ago

Hi
I take D3. 5000IU
Have mine on prescription.
LJl. 👧

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.