Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

I’m presently taking the MSsential multivitamin. That, allegedly has 5,000mcg of Vitamin B12 in it, which is 83,333% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA)! Gulp! 😯

jrdiddle
4 years ago

I started eating Marmite since being diagnosed. I don’t know whether it’s actually doing anything or not but I’m not getting worse, or so I think and I have gone from hating it to loving it!!

And, ‘Santa’ has something else to fill my stocking up with too!

tabbycat
4 years ago

I think it helps and like @stumbler I take MSesntials, and you can smell the yeast of the B12.
An excellent side effect of taking a lot of B12 is that you get bitten much less often by mosquitos and the like in the summer. I used to be a magnet to them and the bites really swelled up, but now I can sleep with a mosquito in the room and have nothing at all to show for it in the morning!

northernlass
4 years ago

I’m a vegie so we are renowned for not getting enough B12, and at my last blood test it was low but not within deficiency levels. So I just try and up my B12 by diet at the moment.. Green vegies, Mushrooms and like @jrdiddle I love Marmite (but I prefer Vegemite).. been taking Vit D for 4 months now and will ask for another blood test in 2 months to see if my B12 & Vit D levels have risen.. might have to look up the MSsentials and give my B12 a jump if it’s still low.. 🙂

denisa
4 years ago

@tabbycat – this means that if the mosquitos are constantly biting me during summer time I could have a vitamin B12 defficiency? :)) Since I can remember, these insects loved my blood, fed on it like on a free cocktail bar, while others around me were mostly unharmed :)) Seriously speaking, is it necessary to have a B12 analysis when you are currently being diagnosed with possible MS? I only had my D3 levels checked. They were low, on the low end of the scale.

@stumbler – does taking a vitamin supplement consisting of calcium, D3, zinc, selenium, magnesium and manganese count as a MS helper? I am currently dx-ed with CIS (prone to develop RRMS in the future). My LP results are not here yet, they haven’t received them at the Clinic, so they based their dx on my MRI lesions, VEP latency and my CIS of Optic Neuritis. In January I’m redoing all of my tests (minus the LP :D), to see if there are any changes. It’s been 5 months since my Optic Neuritis and I’m almost forgetting I could have MS. Life is moving on and I really am getting tired of this waiting for a decisive course of action (ex. treatment being prescribed, etc).

@andypearl – what kind of improvements have you been noticing since you began taking B12? 🙂

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! 15 days untill Christmas everyone! 😀

stumbler
4 years ago

@denisa , there are several vitamin and other supplements that are suggested to help with MS and its symptoms. Taking them all would end up with you rattling when you walked.

Well, an entrepreneurial MSer in America decided that the only way to stop rattling was to create a single supplement that contains all the vitamins/minerals that have been shown to help with MS.

The supplement is a rather large tablet and the dosage is six per day! 😯

Their website is :- https://www.mssential.com/ , where you can read about it. 😉

melissa-g
4 years ago

I take b12 also.. and to be honest I dont really know what it does for me.. I just listen to my doctor, lol!

tabbycat
4 years ago

@denisa I dont think you need a blood test to take B12. I t doesnt cause any side effects, so just get some in your health food store or wherever.
I think the guy who set up MSesentials is Canadian, but I might be wrong.

stumbler
4 years ago

@tabbycat , I think you’re right about the origin of the MSsentials guy. 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.