Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Hi, @lauralou and welcome to the forum.

Optic Neuritis, is one of the visual problems which are quite common in Multiple Sclerosis. There’s some more detail here :- http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/vision.jsp

But, tell us a bit more about yourself, are you under the referral of a Neurologist or possibly trying to self-diagnose?

We can try and help answer your questions, once we understand your situation. 😉

lauralou
3 years ago

Hey. I have had lumbar puncture, 2 mri scans and evoked potentials. This is my third relapse since 2007. I have an appointment in Glasgow in a months time. Might be time to start medication :/

stumbler
3 years ago

I think you could be right, @lauralou . Each relapse is capable of causing you another problem which may not be fully resolved when you remit.

If you have a definite diagnosis of MS then it might be worthwhile discussing treatments when you have your appointment in a month. 😉

lauralou
3 years ago

Thanks Stumbler I was hoping it was benign so didn’t want to start medication. When my eye went totally squint in 2007 (I was a pirate for 6 months!) I never thought anything of it as I had a squint operation when I was little. I didn’t think MS could cause that. Sigh. The great unknown 🙂

stumbler
3 years ago

@lauralou , having MS can make sense of all manner of strange goings ons with your body.

As your MS does seem to be a wee bit active, then treatment to try to cut down the incidence of relapses seems a good idea. 😕

It might be wise to learn a bit more about MS, so that you’re aware of what it might do. The MS Trust publish some information that you may find useful :-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/shop/products.jsp?catid=56

😉

thecuriosity
3 years ago

@lauralou it does sound like you’re probably in the right position to start medication.

I would say making a list of questions you want to ask based on what you learn from the MS websites to ask at your appointment next month. (If you’re like me and memory goes a bit, it’s really helpful to have it written down)

Best of luck, and hope that they can help you quickly with this.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.