Last reply 4 years ago
Very strange symptoms

Hi all, I had the weirdest symptoms last night. I could not stand anything touching my skin. I always get weird sensations on the back of my hands I hate anyone touching the back of my left hand. It was a very warm night so I would say that was the reason my symptoms flared up. The feeling I was having was like the feeling you get when someone drags fingernails down a chalk board almost to the point of nausea. Does anyone else get this symptom?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mika
4 years ago

Hi there, I had a similar symptom a while ago for a week or so. my torso and legs were weirdly numb and when I asked my fiancé for a little rub, thinking it might help, I couldn’t stand it. It was like he had hands of sandpaper…. So, it’s not exactly the same, but I’d say it’s related.
Has it improved?

nrl321
4 years ago

Hi Mika, I think it’s definitely along the same lines, yes it did improve by the morning. I am not a doctor and maybe my choice of treatment was nothing more than coincidence/mind over matter/tiredness but I took a Neurofen tablet(thinking the anti-inflammatory might help) then rubbed a cold pack over myself to cool down? I am just glad I could sleep again.

janep
4 years ago

Hi, these sorts of sensory symptoms can be really weird! I had the oddest thing not long after I was diagnosed where the skin on part of my my stomach/abdomen was excessively sensitive (painfully so) if I gently touched it with my fingers but absolutely fine if a) I touched/prodded through clothing or b)someone else touched it. Really freaked me out for a bit as it was so strange but it had occurred when I had a cold and went away again shortly after. It was around this time that I started talking about my MS in terms of my loopy wiring! Hope it goes away for you soon! x

webbexpress
4 years ago

I do get occasional weird sensations. The left side of my torso tends to feel really hot though not to touch. I guess that’s the “fun” bit with my relapses so far, no two are the same!

rose54
4 years ago

Hi, I do not like it when something cold is touching me. It sounds really silly but I was laying on the couch with the tv remote by my side, and it touched my arm, I couldn’t stand it.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.