Last reply 1 year ago
Vertigo nightmare

I need some input ….I have vertigo and its very debilitating…meclizine does nothing…..my vision is bad from it I did the IV steroids 20 yrs ago I don’t think it did anything then except make me crazy………does anyone have any helpful info besides waiting it out and praying …I’m 3 weeks spinning already…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@stacy4boys , I’d consult your Doctor for advice.

It could be something such as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) (https://patient.info/health/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo-leaflet) . These things just need to be considered and, if applicable, discounted.

merfield
1 year ago

Hi @stacy4boys, I was going to suggest the same as @stumbler. My neighbour has ancholising spondylitis ( AS) and has recently had BPPV. It has upset her too. But get it checked out. If it is it can be treated. If it isn’t, at least you can iliminate it as a cause….Good Luck. It must be truly awful.xx

matic91
1 year ago

hello @stacy4boys i also had a positional vertigo in the past and had to sleep in a sitting position for over two weeks. Then i went to the neurologist and she gave me certain exercises http://www.brainandspine.org.uk/vestibular-rehabilitation-exercises here is a link to these exercises, i performed them three times a day and my condition got extremely better after it i could stand for more than 5 minutes on one leg 😀 but dont exaggerate with them or force yourself too much, because it can make you very dizzy, just slow and concentrated 🙂 hopefully it helps you

stacy4boys
1 year ago

thanks …I went to check my ears today and like I knew they are fine my neuro wants to start me on Tecfidera I was diagnosed in 1996 and I refused the meds available{A,B,Cdrugs} and basicslly been ok I take very good care of myself but the vertigo again is too much…I still have to go for all my MRI’s That my neuro ordered.. The ENT today gave me the exercises like you{Matic91} said thanks<3 !! This is so debilitating last time I had it for 2 months and that was after steroids….and I will never do that again..all I did was cry…..

stacy4boys
1 year ago

Thank you 20yrs ago I had to sleep sitting up also was a nightmare especially because at the time the vertigo set in I had a 5 week old and a 13 month old hardest days of my life….:( I wrote in a comment about those exercises to do ..the ENT I saw today gave me something similar Thanks again…..

molineux1047
1 year ago

@stacy4boys I had vertigo and vision problems last year and had 3 months off work. I had anti sickness tablets, all the ENT exercises and none worked. It did get better on its own and now (touch wood) its gone. Walking was hard for about 6 weeks but I just pushed through it – with plenty of tears and sick feelings though. It will get better

molineux1047
1 year ago

I didnt have steroids either. Id advise rest – although you have little choice anyway – but to also focus on it maybe taking another few weeks to get through it and to feel more normal again

stacy4boys
1 year ago

thank you molineux1047 I am so afraid this could be permanent to make matters worse they found a lump on my thyroid today and whats more scary is I rather have thyroid cancer than ms that kind of cancer is curable………………………… ms is not……. 🙁

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.