pepperpotdeb 26/11/17
Last reply 7 months ago
UV Lamps and Vitamin D

Hi Everyone

I just wondered if any of you have used, or use, UV daylight lamps – the sort that purport to emit vitamin D?
Although I’m taking a high dose of vitamin D as suggested by my MS nurse, I’ve experienced some altered sensation symptoms on my right side in the past week or so, and I had the same symptoms exactly a year ago – so am thinking the lack of daylight, now BST has ended etc (in the UK) might be having an additional impact?

I would be interested to know if any you have used these and if so, whether they had any positive effects?

Thanks

Deb x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

@pepperpotdeb , I’ve tried one. I’ve still got it, so I might give it another go.

I can’t say it made much difference to me, but us blokes don’t notice the little things, do we? 😉

californiadreamin
7 months ago

Vitamin d levels take a long time to go down or adjust so a change in sunlight wouldn’t effect you for a few months. That’s actually one reason they thing vitamin d plays a role in ms because there seems to be a seasonal component. Relapses usually go up after a few months of darker times even when accounting for viruses.

If it happened at the same time of year last year you might not want to rule out other factors that could influence it such as sleep and exercise. It could be you are exercising less because it’s colder or another change like that.

I think you are on the right track to think of it could be related to some common pattern. However it could also just be a random.

pepperpotdeb
7 months ago

Thanks both for your responses – interesting for thought @californiadreamin

Many thanks

Deb

weaveroflight
7 months ago

I use a sun lamp designed for Seasonal Depression. Have used it for years don’t know if it helps with Vitamin D.

pepperpotdeb
7 months ago

Thanks @weaveroflight 🙂

tattersail
7 months ago

I started taking 10,000 mcg of Vitamin D3 about about a year ago upon some research my husband did. I noticed improvements, not momentous, but I’ll take them. I did that for a couple months then dropped it down a bit, just trying to maintain decent levels.

topsyjkv
7 months ago

I used to take high levels of Vit D when in UK. Now I live in Spain and am outdoors as much as possible I’ve noticed a great improvement, particularly with my mobility.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.