Last reply 1 month ago
US travel with Tecfidera

Good afternoon all
Just wanted to check if anyone from the UK has traveled to the US with Tecfidera, and Amitriptyline was there any issues and did you need a doctors letter?
I am traveling to the US with work 30th September, and a little worried
Thanks all

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@shona12 , I can’t see a problem with taking those two meds to America.

I’d take the Amitriptyline in it’s original box, together with a copy of the prescription. And, have a word with the supplier of your Tecfidera and they’ll probably be happy to supply a letter.

Both of these meds are prescription items in America anyway.

Have a good trip.

shona12
1 month ago

@stumbler thank you I thought that was the case but wanted to check 🙂

shona12
1 month ago

Just an update called Tec provider as it’s a tablet I need to get my doctor to do the letter they will not give me one.

highlander
1 month ago

Hi @shona12
@vivien has just been there she maybe able to point you in the right direction.
Keep smiling

californiadreamin
1 month ago

@shona12

I live in the US and we travel with medicine all the time. I cant even think on what grounds they could question it. My wife is on Tec and we dont need any notes for traveling in or out of the country.

vivien
1 month ago

@shona12

I flew to Southampton in the UK last week for work. Doctor advised that I only needed my repeat prescription slip and to keep my meds in the original boxes to prove they were mine.

When I flew to France last year, the doctor printed me a report off the NHS system which had my prescription meds and my medical conditions included in it.

I would advise you to speak to the airline or the airport directly and they will advise you on the most up-to-date requirements for carrying medicines.

Enjoy your work trip!

🤗 Vivien

shona12
1 month ago

Thank you all 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.