Last reply 1 week ago
Update from my Biopsy moan

I saw my Oncology Radiotherapy Consultant 2 weeks ago, she confirmed the I have Kaposi Sarcoma of the skin, a less common form of skin cancer affecting people with weak immune systems, such as those with AIDS or those taking medications that affect their immune systems……got a blood test done last week and my GP phoned me this morning with the results that I was HiV Negative, so, I guess that means my Medication was responsible.
Had a CT scan last week, so my Radiotherapy should be starting very soon. Will keep you posted.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
1 week ago

@z900 , I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis and hope the treatment is successful.

Skin cancer is an acknowledged risk with Gilenya. Were you aware of this and were you monitored for this?

z900
1 week ago

Yes, but I gambled and lost.

stumbler
1 week ago

@z900 , you made a rational decision and tackled your MS head on. You’ll do likewise with this latest challenge.

Life itself can be unlucky for some and that’s without risky medication!

katrinaf93
1 week ago

@z900 so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, sending you all the support in the world. <3

z900
1 week ago

@katrinaf93 & Stumbler, thanks for your support.

funnybank
1 week ago

Really sorry to hear this, wishing you the strength to get through. I know too many people who have done everything ‘right’and are still battling cancer. Don’t beat yourself up over a rational choice you made for a better future.

guinness
1 week ago

@z900 The Big C has so many faces my Friend but face it head on with Guinness in one hand and Poitin , in the other and make sure you have plenty Craic x

z900
1 week ago

Thanks guys, but I think I will leave the booze alone, drink and myself got divorced 18 years ago, but one of the big things that I got from AA was Acceptance, and that is what has allowed me to accept diagnoses of Haemochromatosis, enlarged prostate, MS and now cancer in the last 5 years and get on with life, my belief is the whilst I may have them….they don’t have me!
Sod the bastards…..lol

mermaidia11
1 week ago

Top o the the mornin to ya fellow Celt! @z900

I’m so sorry that u are getting it from all angles mate and felt I had to respond to offer some empathy and cyber hugs.

Yet again, another example of how these dmds can cause more problems then they solve. We’re you fully advised of the risks of skin cancer at the time you were offered this?

Or did they blind you with urgency and statistics?

Personally I’d sue the arses off them for negligence and wish more people would – the ‘unlucky’ argument is wearing thin

But I wish u lots of luck with what you have to come, that fighting spirit and wise acceptance of what u now can’t change, will see u thro mate

Take care, keep us posted Mate x

grandma
1 week ago

@z900 I got the big C , in my case Breast 8 years ago, spent a long time looking skyward and asking what I’d done wrong to be visited both ms and cancer? Took me a couple of years to make peace with him/her and acceptance that it was just bad luck. I’m still here, still fighting and so should you, don’t let the b…ard grind you down. Sending big hugs and we’ll wishes🙏🏻🥊

z900
1 week ago

Thanks guys, all this support means a lot to me, unlimited virtual hugs to everyone.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.