lina 07/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Update at school review

Well went for my meeting at school with headteacher and head of HR at Council today went quite well explain that I’m having my 2nd MRI scan with contrast and I’m going to try and chase up results with MS nurse explained that neuro has change my medication and I won’t know about side effects as they are starting me on a low dosage while also reducing Gabapentin I also said if there are no changes on my mri that I would be willing to try and start back at work a week before my sick note runs out to see how thing go if there are any changes and I am put on any meds then I would have to look at my prognosis whether I would be able to continue to work again I missed the MS nurse as she had rung 5 mins before I got back in and left a msg thought I’d gone to docs again will ring her and leave a msg again.

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina … I hope that the school can work with you and your MRI results are ok… It is always difficult to predict with MS but if your work can be patient then that is great!

I hope you can stay on at work ok and they can work with you and find the hours to suit if you need to lessen the hours & hope the MS nurse gets back to you soon 🙂

xxx

lina
3 years ago

Hi @cazzzzzy thank you very much keeping my fingers crossed school has agreed I could start 2hrs a morning doing 10 hours to see how I go and maybe increase my hours slowly to see how it goes normally do 20hrs but if could do 15hrs 3 hrs a day I would be quite happy.

Hope you are well and rested after your walk.

Lina x

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina … That is sounding good with your work and they are willing to help which must be such a relief 🙂

And yes I am rested after the walk/ride… I will do it again next year though and be a lot more organised – I was so late because my friend drove up, I should’ve got the train – driving in London just doesn’t work! So just in time to register and an hour behind people and my wheelchair handle broke so that wasn’t easy so bit of a disaster really but it was a lovely day for things to go wrong 🙂

I feel I missed out with everything going wrong so will try again next year – I’m hoping they do it again next year!

Thanks again for your help xxx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.