Last reply 1 week ago
Tysabri with antibiotics

Evening all,

I have awful ear pain which I’ve had for almost a week and pretty sure it’s an ear infection.

Going to see a same day doctor tomorrow. And suspect they would offer me antibiotics. But I’ll see what they say

My question is, has anyone been prescribed them while taking Tysabri? I’ve never been told you can’t have other medication while on it?

Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@keepupthefight , Tysabri does increase your chances of picking up an infection, so anti-biotics seem to go hand-in-hand.

However, it would be advisable to contact your infusion centre and ask for their advice. They may seek to delay your next infusion, if you haven’t finished the course of anti-biotics by your next infusion date.

keepupthefight
1 week ago

@stumber morning, thanks for your message.

I’ll contact my infusion nurse, as you say if it requires me to delay my next infusion then that’s what it is… but I need relief from the pain I’m in. It really sucks 😢

dvtrv
1 week ago

@keepupthefight

Hi,

I had antibiotics when I had Sinusitis when on tysabri.

Not sure I quite remember but I do remember you need to inform your Ms/Infusion nurse beforehand.

It was at the point of me going for infusion I discovered I should tell them, they may just delay treatment.

I was going every 8 weeks so no real impact on my having infusion

Good luck

brando
1 week ago

the only drug my neurologist has told me to avoid is echinacea the natural herb as it is known to cause issues with people taking tysabri other than that I know of nothing that could cause issues.

Brando

keepupthefight
1 week ago

Thanks everyone

I was prescribed a course of antibiotics and they said are no issues with the Tysabri but I will drop a note to my infusion centre anyway

It’s a 7 days course, and infusion not due until a few weeks so guess it’s fine.

I’ll post if I hear otherwise

Relieved to be able to treat the infection though. My ears really been hurting like mad 🙏

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.