jade770 26/03/18
Last reply 2 weeks ago
Tysabri treatment date

The past 6 months have been a bit of a whirlwind, I was diagnosed in January with rrms after a major relapse which began in September, and then another relapse in February. There’s more lesions in my head and spine then there was according to my most resent mri , which sucks but I finally have a treatment date for Tysabri so I’m trying to stay positive. My first infusion is this Thursday (29th) so fingers crossed it goes okay ✌️

You guys have been so great since before I was even diagnosed so thankyou so much

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

aabreu
4 weeks ago

@jade770
Tysabri is one of the most effective treatments. If this doesn’t put the brakes on the beast, there is still Lemtrada. Good luck.

jade770
4 weeks ago

@aabreu I was supposed to be on lemtrada but my consultant said because of my lesion load and relapse rate I couldn’t wait that long to start treatment , it has a 6-8months waiting list here atm but I’m hoping Tysabri will kick MS’s arse enough to make it at least slow down a bit , thankyou for the luck , sending luck your way too ❤️

aabreu
4 weeks ago

Thanks @jade770 I’m going to need all the luck I can get!

stumbler
4 weeks ago

@jade770 , I’m glad you can now see a way forward. Weather is always changeable and we have to deal with what we get, so your whirlwind is slowly abating. 😉

Good luck with the Tysabri.

vixen
3 weeks ago

Hello @jade770, will deffo have fingers crossed for you. You really do need a period of stability to regroup and gather yourself. Then join the march with all the MS Warriors! All the best x

wjgregg
3 weeks ago

Hi Jade,

I had two major relapses last year. I was diagnosed with rapidly advancing RRMS last September. My consultant got me on Tysabri pretty rapidly. I’ve recently had my seventh infusion. Touch wood, apart from fatigue and joint pain (which I can put up with, considering the alternative), it seems to be doing the trick – no new relapses since last summer. I have tried to stay healthy otherwise – diet, sunlight (Lancashire permitting) and avoiding stress where possible. I believe we MSers have to put a bit of our own effort in, as well as the drugs. Every little bit helps!

Good luck with the Tysabri, and stay in touch with us all.

Best wishes,

Jon

jade770
3 weeks ago

@stumbler @vixen thankyou , the cards I’ve been dealt aren’t the worst in the world so I’m definitely keeping that in mind and I’m hoping that the Tysabri does calm the whirlwind and gives me a chance to have a little break , hopefully beginning of April so I can celebrate my 20th in style 😂

@wjgregg John – thankyou for commenting , it’s nice to be able to talk with someone who’s going through pretty much the exact same , us both having rapid rrms and being diagnosed roughly at the same time . I’m definitely trying to catch more sun but apparently Kent didn’t get the memo either , I think I’ve seen more snow than anything. Thankyou for sending the luck And im keeping all my fingers crossed that you stay relapse free for as long as possible ❤️

jonwraight
2 weeks ago

Hey @jade770 I have sent you a friend request, Im from similar area to you , I got diagnosed In april 2016 with Very Active RRMS and was also given the option of Lemtrada or Tysabri, I opted for Tysabri and have been on it since June 2016, feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have 🙂 hope your first infusion wasnt too bad!

jade770
2 weeks ago

@jonwraight thankyou , my first wasn’t awful had some trouble with my veins and ended up being there 3 1/2 hours but luckily they make good coffee so can’t complain too much . Thankyou for your offer about asking questions I might take you up on it 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.