brat 03/03/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Treatment

Why does MS treatment make people feel like crap?? What is it doing to our bodies to have such an effect?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@brat , anything that we introduce to our body has to be tolerated. We’re asking our bodies to deal with something that they haven’t had to deal with before.

So, some form of reaction can be expected, which we hope will be neutralised over time.

brat
3 years ago

Well Thank you for your opinioN. I think thats a perfect response for someone who’s been subjected to the rigamor of the drug industry. not to mention what our doctors tell us. Is no one else curious about the hazards of what is clearly poison to our systems? Somethimg that is.good should never make one feel so horrible. Its basic science no?? Having my doubts as you can see. crack cocaine slowly gets tolerated too. I wish people would stop nodding and smiling and start using their.brains. the drug industry is a multi billion business for a reaSon. desnt anyone want to know what this stuff is actually doing to us??

stumbler
3 years ago

@brat , it’s more a question of what this stuff is doing for us!

None of us like taking this stuff, especially at the exorbitant costs. But, it’s a way that we can take some control of a condition that could be a threat to our quality of life.

To a certain extent, we’re buggered if we do and we’re also buggered if we don’t!

We’d all prefer not to have to take the stuff, but life’s not like that! 😕

brat
3 years ago

May i ask why your profile states that you are not on treatment?

stumbler
3 years ago

@brat , no secrets from me. I’ve done my time on DMDs and am now considered Secondary Progressive.

I can assure you that I share your frustrations. DMDs are just a way of managing this condition, for the benefit of the Pharmaceuticals. We’re their captive market!

And, unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of choice, apart from a yes or no! 😕

cameron
3 years ago

Hi @brat. It sounds as though you don’t have much support from the medical guys. You’re so right – these are strong drugs. The cost-benefit ratio has been gone over thoroughly by NICE, you may be sure of that. They’re not going to be funding anything that isn’t proven to do substantial good. But the success of any treatment depends also on how the patient is supported. And by that I mean initial information, ongoing monitoring and patient participation in the decision-making. Surely we’re all entitled to that?

simone2
3 years ago

Hi, I stopped Coxpazone after 6 months due to terrible side affects, then started on Avonex but only managed 1 injection because of the side affects, perhaps I didn’t leave it long enough, after a lot of thought I decided to stop all DMD’s that was 2 years ago I feel so much better,started on a strict low fat diet, fingers crossed I hope I carry on feeling so well, I know its not the right thing for everyone but for me I’m much happier without meds.

lorag
3 years ago

Over 17 years of being diagnosed I have tried 5 different meds and I found all of them make me feel like grap. I gave all of them over 6 months. I am now on no meds and I just think if it was meant to be that I get worse so be it, I have secondary progression and I am slower but still drive with modification and have all the equipment you just have to accept it and move on. I try to be healthy as much as possible so far feel good but it is a ongoing maintenance with physio and massage etc. Some of the meds work for some people so its hard to say the meds are not good for everyone, we are all different.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.