Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

daedana
6 years ago

I was on Rebif before. The side effects were horrible feeling, almost on hang over 3x a week. I still used that medication for years.
Currently I’m on tysabri and it has worked brilliantly for me. I’m getting an infusion just once every four weeks and my condition has been getting significantly better all the time. I know that the treatment is more dangerous than using Rebif, but for me it has been worth it.

willie11lfc
6 years ago

I am on rebif, 3 times a week. ive been injecting for about 4 years now.. the side effects at the beginning were pretty rough, flu like symtoms once or twice a week. now it is much better… i still get the odd side effect of flu like symtoms but its very rare. the rebif definately works for me…good luck

DJDsouza
6 years ago

None. Only take vitamins, supplements and change diet a bit.
I wrote a blog post about it here:
http://djdsouza.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/what-i-do-to-fight-the-effects-of-multiple-sclerosis/

pedro
6 years ago

i do Betaferon beta b1 every 2 days, and i go start with Fampridine next week.
but i do, and try, any alternative medicine, electrical acupunture is amazing, i feel new every section, and reflexologie, very good to.
good luck

CaptainKristoff
6 years ago

I’m on Tysabri, infused every 28 days (give or take a day or two). The only negative side effect so far (I’ve got infusion #8 tomorrow) is feeling really tired the following day. Positive effects are that I can now run, albeit short distances, like for a bus, and my balance has massively improved to the point where I bought myself a push bike 2 months back and have been riding loads to build my leg strength back up.
Also started eating alot more healthily.In summation though, it’s working excellently, not felt this well in the 3 years prior which was when all this MS nonsense first came to the party!

carolyn22
6 years ago

Tysabri I’ve been on for 3yrs!! Like captainkristoff it’s changed my life a great deal!!!! No pain is the main one!!! X

daedana
6 years ago

I want to ask does anyone else really hate the process of infusion when getting Tysabri? I really love the effects that it has had in my life, but I’m still really scared of the process of putting the canyl inside my vain. 😛

jenko1972
6 years ago

Hi
Changed diet radically now follow swanks and Jelineck’s really strictly. Haven’t had any drugs yet been diagnosed 2 years. Best of luck with whatever path u follow.

Neil

Gav
6 years ago

Tysabri for me 🙂 I’ve just passed my longest gap between relapses szince before my diagnosis 🙂

@daedana apparently I’ve got ‘really good veins’ I always make sure my arms aren’t as hairy as normal as I always found that removing the big sticky bit around the canula was always the worst bit!

daedana
6 years ago

I’m really thankful that they at least tell me that I have great veins too. The thought of sinking the needle in my arm is what scares me. I have been on the treatment for over two years, but I still hate the process. Just love the results.

IANG
6 years ago

I HAVE BEEN ON TYSABRI FOR NEARLY THREE YEARS AND NO RELAPSES FOR THREE AND A HALF LONGEST YET WITHOUT A RELAPSE….IAN G X.

DjBlack
6 years ago

I was on rebif for 12 months or so but have just changed over to Tysabri (3rd infusion on Monday). I can feel the improvement straight away … feel so much more lively. No side effects, more so just when the 4th week kicks on start to feel a bit worse for wear but all in all I find it really good. So much easier because don’t have to worry about it just turn up to hospital every months.

janep
6 years ago

I was on Copaxone for a couple of years and found it great, no side affects but had to swtich as i was getting dimples on my legs from the injections. Have now been taking avonex once a week for abot 18 months. Initially I was getting really bad headaches but have switched to taking it in the morning instead of at night and it’s loads better.

@Gav congratulations! That’s brilliant news- long may it continue 😀

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.