Last reply 4 months ago
Travelling long haul

Hi all
I’ve been diagnosed with RRMS in the past year and I’m just wondering does anybody have any advice for travelling long haul with medication? I am currently taking Rebif but I’ve only flown within Europe so far but I’m going to Perth in May and I’m worried about keeping the medication cool throughout the flight, or will it be OK in my hand luggage?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@weef29 , I’d give the airline a call and see if they have any space in a refrigerator on the plane.

Otherwise, the following leaflet, https://www.rebif.com/taking-rebif/rebif-tips, says:-

“If a refrigerator is not available, Rebif Rebidose may be stored for up to 30 days between 36°F and 77°F (2°C to 25°C), away from heat and light.”

But, I fear you may be going for more than three weeks…….

sciencegeek
4 months ago

As stumbler said, first port of call is the airline.

You should be able to keep it cool in a cooler with ice or thermos with ice for the 24 hour flight without any trouble. Put the medication in a waterproof bag first, though.

How much are you taking?

weef29
4 months ago

Thanks guys. I was just worried that the ice packs would melt or something. I’m going for a month so I’ll just be taking the one box of it so it should be handy enough for them to pop it in a fridge if they have room.
I haven’t done a long haul flight since being diagnosed so I think I’m just panicking a bit!

antrim98
4 months ago

It is fine travelling with rebif I have been for over 2 years Vegas twice Saudi 8 trips I just take 1 ice pack in my rebif bag it still keeps cool and when I get to my destination I just put bag in fridge again rebif is good for travelling just keep below 24 and use within 3 weeks with any rebif your travelling with. Have a good time and enjoy as normal.

weef29
4 months ago

Ah that’s brilliant to hear thanks so much! I feel alot better about it now 😁

antrim98
4 months ago

Also take your doctors letter I’ve only been asked once to show but there has never been an issue! Have fun down under

sarahshift
4 months ago

@weef29 These interviews might help https://shift.ms/travelling-with-ms

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.