Last reply 4 years ago
Travel Mobility Scooters

Anyone have experience with the foldable mobility scooters that you can take right to the aircraft cabin (where it is folded and taken away like they do with baby strollers), then is brought back to the cabin door at the end of the flight? EV Rider produces one, as does luggie, and there are a couple other makes around. Though light, it still would need to be able to handlemodera tell rough terrain

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

jdd0310
4 years ago

I bought a TGA Minimo about six months ago, it’s great, it folds up like a small suitcase and fits into the boot of our Ford B Max nice and easily so I leave it in the car all the time ready for when I might need it. It’s been to America with us, I drove it up to the door of the plane and they took it in and stored it for the flight and gave it back to me at the end. The main reason for getting it is that it gives me a lot of freedom and I don’t have to rely on someone pushing me in a wheelchair it cost about £2000, it’s got a lithium battery which is very light and just makes things so much easier. It’s great on smooth paths and light terrain but I wouldn’t want to take it over rough ground. It works well for my needs. It’s coming away to Crete with us tomorrow.

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

I don’t have one but would love one! … How fantastic! 😀

Enjoy Crete @jdd0310 – have a lovely time!

xxx

reddivine
4 years ago

I don’t have a scooter but do have a lithium ion battery for the power pack to my chair. The manuafacturer says they can go by plane but you have to notify airline as they are a “Class 9 hazard”…….
they will store the whole lot in the hold and not cabin. Make sure the insurance covers it.

jdd0310
4 years ago

Just got back from Crete with my minimo. Once again a very successful adventure. Most people treat me well, some are very curious about my wheels (I think I should be on commission from tga). The great thing is that I can get out and about with my family and most of the time not be a bourdon on any one. Another big thumbs up for the electric scooter, well worth the money.

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Sounds great! Yes you should be on commission – I’m sold 😉

Although I can’t actually buy one I can hire one for when I do go on holiday – great! 😀

http://www.rentascoota.co.uk/mobility-scooters/tga-mobility-scooters/tga-mobility/tga-minimo

xxx

xristov11
4 years ago

I have used a Travelite from Aquasoothe. Very easily splits up into three easily managed parts. The batteries are ok on air travel. My Travelite is up for sale for £350 (with two batteries). I think they retail at Aquasoothe for about £950. We have just got a new car with a hoist for a new Rascal scooter.

Regards

Christopher

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.