Last reply 6 years ago
Travel Insurance

I’m probably not the 1st person to ask, but my family have paid for me to go away, bless ’em. I would like advice on who to get Travel insurance with. I fly to Portugal in August. I have recently opened a Nationwide current account too. I know many banks offer this service, they’ve mentioned that they offer free EU travel insurance . I will call and ask. But does anyone know whether its possible to pay extra so that people with MS are covered?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.


Just call them up and ask. I’m with Santander and they cover EU travel with MS for no extra cost. Well it was two years ago anyway!!

6 years ago

thanks, I’ll call Santander and get my first quote :o)

6 years ago

I’m with my bank HSBC and the MS is covered. Heath Lambert (find them online are good if there’s a prob with your bank covering you. We have used them before as my daughter is diabetic and the health form is simple. Have a good holiday and make sure you have an EHIC too.

6 years ago

There has been a previous thread on this subject. Try Freedom insurance. I am going away in September. Freedom specialise in dealing with ppl with medical conditions and my partner reccomended them. They were the cheapest I found. Now i just have to tell em I need a wheelchair.
If you ARE taking one, my advice has been, list it as “medical supplies” not luggage…carry all meds in hand luggage…and get assisted travel at the airport HERE and THERE.

6 years ago
I’ve previously insured with Tesco,s M&S and Free Spirit.

The EHIC card (which replaces the E111 form)

I would check the terms offered by banks, I’d suspect they broker to another insurance company (most do). I’ve never thought to approach Santander or HSBC for insurance on a pre existing medical condition, nor has it been suggested to me.

Join to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.