Last reply 1 month ago
Tired eyes

Does anyone else get tired eyes? I have had ON before, but this feels really different.
I am suffering through a heat wave in NZ, and can’t stop yawning, so much that it’s making my eyes water and really hard to focus.
I have to stare at a screen all day, so that probably not helping at all. Feels like i just want to close my eyes and have a sleep. It’s much worse in the mornings, and i have been getting enough sleep. Only happens when i’m at work btw, and they don’t know i have MS……
Any ideas??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@jennylee , you’ve actually answered your own question.

The heatwave is not doing you any favours. It raises our core body temperature, which causes our symptoms to flare up a bit. So, things like fatigue are exaggerated.

Also, bear in mind that your brain is already working hard to process what your eyes see, whilst avoiding the residual damage caused by the optic neuritis.

Bright computer monitors won’t be helping. Your monitor may have an “eyesaver mode”, which may be more comfortable on your eyes. There’s a question for your computer support people…………

jennylee
1 month ago

Thanks Stumbler – makes sense to me too. I’ll have a chat with IT support about the “eye saver mode”, but it is much cooler today, and yesterday was a public holiday here so my vision is so much better today!

nutshell88
1 month ago

Heat
Screens
You’re eyes are probably dry
And when they are they water so much (experienced)
Use eye moisturizing gel and drops.
And also ask an optician if it continued.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.