Last reply 1 month ago
Tips on stiff hand

My right hand for the last 2 months is stiff and cramps up. I’m a secretary by trade and can’t type I drop things all the time.

Any tips what people do so help relieve the stiffness. I do exercises my physio showed me it helps some. Does aspirn or some tablet which is over the counter help some.

Waiting to see my neuro.

Thanks in advance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@lorag , there are a range of exercises on this website :-

https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/ss/slideshow-hand-finger-exercises

I doubt that you would find an Over-The-Counter (OTC) “magical” potion, although you might want to have a word with your local pharmacist.

Your Doctor may prescribe some Baclofen, a muscle relaxant. Although, this may cause weakness in muscles……

Exercise and stretching is the best way forward.

henning_kielhorn
1 month ago

@ loraq, I’m not sure whether you want to explore this at this point, but I started using a dictation software when typing became more cumbersome. They are actually quite good and mine is easily 95 to 98% accurate. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking and have also heard of people without any medical issues using it to free up their hands and actually make typing redundant.

lorag
1 month ago

I’ve had baclofen before and yes made too weak. I need the typing for work I don’t think they would allow me to use that, then there is not point in hiring me.

I’ll just do the exercises see how I go.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.