Last reply 1 month ago
Time, tide and MS

Well they wait for no man and the time came to apply for my disabled (hate that word) parking permit. Got a letter last week to say it was approved!!! now give us £20. That is a worthwhile sum to pay so I do not have to walk so far and my wife won’t spend so long looking for a parking place that allows me to get out and into her car.
Had to have a copy of my passport certified and a good friend who I have knowns more than 30 years did the honours (doesn’t hurt he also put his rank of Superintendent down)

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

guinness
1 month ago

@watsoncraig £20 is that the going rate all over Scotland, as it’s only £10 in Gods County.

watsoncraig
1 month ago

Think you have that wrong as its £20 here in God’s Country, might be cheaper in lesser countries! 🙂

guinness
1 month ago

@watsoncraig and on the Eighth Day god looked down on his planned paradise and realised that he wanted Beauty and Loyalty so he created SOUTH YORKSHIRE.

watsoncraig
1 month ago

@guiness. This land is so beautiful because God took pity on us for giving us lousy neighbours

highlander
1 month ago

@watsoncraig yee of little faith told you you’d be surprised.
Good for you mate!
Keep smiling

watsoncraig
1 month ago

guinness
1 month ago

@watsoncraig i’m from over the water so don’t get me started on neighbours

watsoncraig
1 month ago

Over the water, good friend over in Cobh

guinness
1 month ago

@watsoncraig Cork – Beautiful place

grandma
1 month ago

I’m so glad you’ve got the ticket. Our comes from the local council and costs£10 for 3 years.I’ve no longer got the car (long story but should all be resolved next year) but the blue badge is very useful if someone else takes me out, they are pleasantly surprised when I tell them they can park on double yellows and don’t need to pay! There have to be some advantages to being disabled! By the way, I moved to Stoke 55 years ago, but the ex other half still referred to me as (the southerner) cos I was born and brought up in Surrey!

doubleo7hud
1 month ago

I use disabalist it makes it sound less serious which is one thing I don’t do, never the d word on its own makes me cringe 😂

vivien
1 month ago

@watsoncraig told you that it’s no bother up here 😉

Did you Know that you can use it as 🆔 for internal UK 🇬🇧 flights, too?

Pop into Falkirk library on a Tuesday or Thursday and they do your national entitlement card on the spot, which acts as your bus pass for Scottish national travel amongst other things, your blue badge automatically qualifies you! 😘

Don’t know if they have the same thing in sassenach country, though?

highlander
1 month ago

@vivien
Give me five minutes.
I’ve not had it that long…..
They have many problems understanding me in this part of newly conquered Kent as they only understand Chathameez or hybrid cockney!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.