Last reply 1 week ago
tightness in back

Since being diagnosed with ms years ago now, still getting tightness symptoms which causes weakness in legs, get tingling hands and struggle to walk very far
Has been difficult to come to terms with ms. Struggling to do things could do before even though I know things will be different, can counselling help?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @zelda_lewis. You have probably worked around that initial shock now, and reality has set in. Part of the painful reality is that this thing is not going away. I think counselling might help your situation and, what’s more, what is there to lose? I think you might be able to be signposted by the MS Society, or your GP could refer you although this might take a while. Good luck!

highlander
1 week ago

@zelda_lewis
Hi and welcome.
Do you have an ms nurse?
They will be able to give you some help to relieve the stiffness.
Gentle stretching exercise could also help.

Anonymous
1 week ago

Hi zelda_lewis Have you been advised about Gabapentin?

Kind regards

Adam

zelda_lewis
1 week ago

Have heard of that but not prescribed yet. Due to talk to me nurse on Monday, had a medication for ms hugs, no different

zelda_lewis
1 week ago

Would rather be called yollandie too

zelda_lewis
1 week ago

Thanks for all your supportive responses
. Please call me yollandie

highlander
1 week ago

@zelda_lewis
Yollanie
No probs but that’s what shows on the site as your contact address to be able to reply to the messages you post.
Sorry
Didn’t mean to offend.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.