Last reply 3 weeks ago
Throat/neck pain

Hi, almost there with a MS diagnosis, been meaning to find out about the bad neck or throat pain, mainly round the front, feels like my glands. Under severe pressure and this seems to go along with it! Also stiff and painful left knee…not sure about that! Any thoughts?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@thequietlady , the neck/throat pain could well be your glands, or it might be Dysphagia (https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/swallowing), a symptom of MS.

It might be worthwhile to consult your GP to eliminate your glands being the problem. We can get non-MS problems as well. 😉

The stiff/painful knee may be an indirect symptom of your MS. If you have an MS Nurse, then discuss this issue with them and see if you can get a referral for a Neuro-physio assessment.

thequietlady
3 weeks ago

Thanks for your help @stumbler, I will have a look at the MS Trust link, and make a GP appointment. My local surgery now offers me the chance to book online, but I don’t know if that will improve the service!

elfie
3 weeks ago

@thequietlady
Hi I also have random aches and pains. I am never sure if it’s ms or my age is sneaking up on me. I also have sever neck pain like my neck muscles are just cramping up. I find that an anti inflammatory and an ice pack does help. The throat problem you have , probably should be assessed by your neurologist. Hope this helps.

thequietlady
3 weeks ago

Thanks for that @elfie, I am not sure if my age is a factor as I am going through the perimenopause so aches and pains are part of that ! But I will sort it out.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.