Last reply 4 years ago
This bloody stupid condition

Stupidy, stupidy, stupidy MS. On Friday I was like a wet dishcloth, OK just one of those days I thought. Saturday felt really good, did a few things round the house and thought thank god yesterday is all over, let’s look forward to the rest of the week. Then today went to the supermarket with my wife and was struggling so much my wife had to take me back to the car so that she could continue getting supplies in, I now feel as though I have absolutely no energy left. It seems that the only thing I can rely on is that I can’t rely on myself at all!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 years ago

“Stupidy”! Good word that! 😉

But, it sounds like that this level of fatigue is unusual for you? If it is unusual, then don’t let it concern you too much. It could be down to the weather, or there could be a run-of-the-mill bug that’s trying to get at you.

Just chill out and consider that tomorrow will always be a better day. 😉

reddivine
4 years ago

Learn to pace yourself. I find if I have a day of “activity” and we’re not talking Everest, we’re talking an hours swimming….then the next day…I have to recover.
could be you have to space out every day activity to a slower pace.

jdd0310
4 years ago

I agree @reddivine it’s just that I’m quite new to this stuff, I used to just do things as and when they turned up. I’ll have to learn this pacing lark, it’s just that if I’m not doing things I feel lazy.

mrvelocity
4 years ago

I was the same and daft to rewire the living room after the decorators came in. I had to cut the Tshirt off that I was wearing because I couldn’t get it off, it was that wet.

kitty
4 years ago

@jdd310 – you poor thing, dont be too hard on yourself… look at what you did the day before..and just think you have a lovely wife who’s there for you..
Do you take Vitamin B12 500mg per day and how about vitamin D3 – 3000 IUD per day ? I find this helps for me.

jdd0310
4 years ago

@kitty I take vitamin D3 and turmeric. The trouble with progressive is that you can’t tell whether it’s doing you any good because you don’t know what you would have been like without it, another one of those lovely problems we have to work through

kitty
4 years ago

@jdd0310 Actually you can tell…if you stopped taking it and felt worse then you would find out the hard way…I actually tried that with Vitamin D…experimented on myself lol.

Another food you may want to try that has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and Ive been told by a few that has worked for them to halt the disease.. Paw paw or papaya seeds… You eat the black seeds, start off at say half a teaspoon and then increase. Theyre an acquired taste as theyre pepper like but you can add honey or wash them down with water-ever drink that you like afterwards to get rid of the test. Youre mean to chew then swallow as appose to swallowing them whole. You can google more info on this.. Ive only recently started it and Im a bit slack with it but I think it is helping.

jonesbear
4 years ago

Hi @ jdd0310 I’ve had a similar experience yesterday felt as good as I have in a long time I did a full day at work when I got home felt like I had some energy so I did the gardening,when I got up this morning I felt like I’d run a marathon I’ve been really slow at work today tripping over nothing stumbling and dropping things I know I should pace myself but I’ve had to get a contract finished,it used to be so easy a few years ago now it’s so frustrating because of bloody ms thankfully I’ve got a long weekend off in the lakes to try and rest and recharge my batteries.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.