hank 21/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
thinking of buying a mobility scooter

Are you thinking of getting a mobility scooter ?there are a lot on the market , and many different types. Please dont make the same mistake as me, i recently purchased a TGA minimo thinking this would fit all my requirements, light weight, light battery and folding but with a good range. The range stated was up to 12miles on a fully charged battery , since i got this i managed to get no further than 4-5 miles before the battery dies . Having gone back to TGA they say range depends on weight of user , terrain and surface, i replied i weigh approx 12 stone and i was on level ground on a pavement.
Another important point about this scooter is it has two small wheels at the front in the middle ,excellent for turning but terrible for stability ( i have already tipped over once) also all weight is at back therefore when going up inclines the front wheels come off the ground meaning you are unable to steer.
TGA have now come back to me and said that as it was bought from my local dealer they do not support the warranty and wash their hands of it. It looks like i will end up taking it to the small claims court to get a refund as it is unfit for purpose under the trades and standards act.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.