Last reply 5 months ago
The weather

I have had Ms for many years. I was diagnosed in November 2004 at Kings College hospital. In September 2006 I went to Tenerife on the advice of a friend whose wife found the climate very advantageous. I did. However I also discovered there are other things more important to my well being… family, friends, culture, access to other MS patients were amongst the things I found I missed the most. Not sure it would apply now 12 years later as the internet has helped but I can’t go back… or can I?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

@benmarshall0gmail-com , if the Tenerife lifestyle suits you, why would you want to return to the UK, with all of its problems and its oppressive weather?

But, if this is what you desired, I’m sure you would manage it.

vixen
5 months ago

Well, it would be Spainfo me, for sure. Of course 12 years ago Skype wasn’t really around and with social media, you have access to everything all the time these days. Sun has such an important impact on wellbeing. Being sensible in our position gets boring, I’d say. Follow your heart….

had a series of health issues since the end of August – 4 in a row – not bad; and now it’s so difficult to move. probably i made the wrong decision… climate is important i know … but it’s not the only thing to well being…and well being is important to us with MS

stumbler
5 months ago

@benmarshall0gmail-com , sometimes, you have to follow your heart.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.