Last reply 3 years ago
The hug.

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. I have the ms hug a lot but recently it’s been happening a lot more and for a longer time. I have had it all day today and it’s so tiring. Does anyone else feel the same? It gets so bad some times that it feels like I’m having a heart attack. X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi @chloeautumnx I used to get MS hugs that lasted for hours too .. very uncomfortable.. my GP thought they were ANGINA (Worry) and I was so bad once I phoned the paramedics who did an EEG on me and thought I may have had a heart attack…!!! went to hospital at midnight had blood tests and more EEG’s and nothing was found.. had my heart investigated in a London hospital a few weeks later.. all fine…!!! Then DX’ed with MS and read up symptoms of MS hug and though yep that sounds like what I had… I get them a lot less now the only thing I have changed is I have cut out CAFFINE from my diet but notice if I have a glass of full fat coke I feel a little squeeze coming on but nothing like before.. best of luck getting yours under control some how chloe as it is such an awful feeling and quite disabilitating too.. see if your MS nurse could help .. Best wishes

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.