pikilily 19/03/18
Last reply 4 months ago
Tecfidera – I am allergic to it.

Phhht!
I have been told today that I can’t continue with the Tecfidera. Apparently my bloods indicate that I am allergic to it. My oesenophils were up at 3.5 ( normal range 0.0-0.6) just when I thought I was getting settled on it.!!! So after a cleansing break, I will be starting Copaxone.
Arghhhhhh

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@pikilily , isn’t that a step backwards for you? Weren’t other options discussed with a similar, or better, efficacy?

pikilily
4 months ago

@stumbler Not really no. I do have time to research, but Copaxone is what the Consultant has recommended. I have a clotting disorder so that rules out some of the DMTs. He wanted me to have Tec initially because it wouldn’t involve injections and therefore potential bruising and scarring.. I will ask. The other frustrating thing is I received a supply of Tec today.. this will have to be chucked… thousands of pounds down the drain!!!

lilbird
4 months ago

Oh @pikilily I am sorry, what dreadful luck. I hadn’t really considered that allergies to treatments were a possibility, how frustrating! Will you really have to throw it away? It seems like there should be a better option but at the same time maybe it’s unavoidable? Anyway I hope your able to find something more suitable without any issues 😊

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.