Last reply 3 years ago
Tecfidera… Help!

Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with RRMS and after having a relapse in February, I have decided to start on Tecfidera next month.

Has anyone got any advice? What is it like? I have heard that the side effects are awful.

Any info would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Mary 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

emily
3 years ago

Hi Mary I was diagnosed with rrms January just gone and have been on tecfa for about 4months now. I read loads of horror stories about it before starting and was really scared but It’s not actually that bad. I know everyone reacts differently and may not all be the same but I only had regular flushing and some occasional stomach cramps. As long as you take it with a meal you should be ok. Also it’s a bonus not having to inject yourself and it’s supposed to cut relapses by 50% 🙂 all the best x

brokendancer
3 years ago

I’m hoping to start it soon and it does sound like the best option for me – no jabs is a major plus 🙂
Sonia x

rwiebe62
3 years ago

I have been on tec for about 2 months now, 1 month of the full dose. I have had next to no side effects. I was sick for a few days two weeks ago and did not eat before taking the pills, I had some flushing from that. I have also talked to people who were on tec for a couple weeks, had trouble with the side effects and had to stop taking the medication. It obviously varies for each person, hope it works out for you as well as it has for me. I would just make sure you eat right before you take the pills, I was also told that if you get flushing that taking an aspirin a half hour before you take the meds might help with it. Good luck

mary93
3 years ago

Thanks everyone, looks like I’m going to just hope for the best! I am glad that there are some success stories in between the horror ones!

Good luck to you as well Sonia… I can’t wait to stop injections!

Mary x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.