Last reply 1 week ago
Tecfidera

Just looking for some info could anyone advise me how big these tablets are as I have difficulty swallowing large tablets and am seriously considering this DMT

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@wendyhills , I don’t know whether it will help, but the capsules are 22mm in size.

vixen
2 weeks ago

Hi @wendyhills, yes they feel a bit like paracetamol capsule size. They are kind of shiny so they go down nice and easy, with food or water (always take with food). Good luck! Lots of Tec tips if you use the search above….

@wendyhills I had the same problem as you. I could never swallow tablets, even the smallest tablets. I think I was afraid of choking!! Any way I started on Tecfidera in February and was initially nervous when swallowing them. They would be in and out of my mouth while i decided whether i was going to be able to swallow them. So I googled ‘nhs how to swallow tablets’ and there were a few videos with handy tips which helped. I would also try to swallow them with different drinks, not just water. The key for me was keeping calm and relaxed (I would look at pictures of cute puppies). It took me a while but now I have no problem swallowing the tablets and others. Occasionally it still takes a couple of goes to wash them down. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Believe in yourself!!!

highlander
1 week ago

@wendyhills Hi I’ve just taken my first one today.
I took it with a bit of water, went down easier than other meds I’m taking.
Wish you luck.

wendyhills
1 week ago

Thanks everyone x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.