Last reply 1 year ago
Tarlov's Cysts anyone?

When I had my MRI back in the summer, I was rather distracted by the lesion on my cervical spine, so I didn’t pay any attention to the finding at T10 of a Tarlov’s Cyst.

I’ve only just got round to reading about it, and wondered if anyone else had these? Not sure if it is significant or not.

I’ve Googled and read various bits and pieces, but it seems quite confusing. Wondering if it could be causing some of my ‘MS’ symptoms, and if it could indicate some other auto-immune or connective tissue disorder? Clearly neither of my two neuros are bothered as they’ve never mentioned it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Just me? Honestly? I always knew I was special…

matt1216
1 year ago

@teal I would get tested for Lyme disease if I was in this situation , I would use the lab IGENEX for testing. But I’m not suggesting you do or don’t do anything , this is just my opinion of what I what do. I’m not a doctor, just another MSer who has spent several years researching what was causing my MS , for me it was chronic undiagnosed Lyme disease, fungal overgrowth, gut imbalance and heavy metal toxicity as a result of the infections and the chronic low grade inflammation. I made a post a few days back talking about these things called “the roots of MS?” I’m doing better than ever after finding the root causes of my MS and addressing them, knowledge is power! I wish you well on your journey of recovery !

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi @matt1216

Yes, I read your other post with interest.

Could you tell me how you have addressed those issues?

Also, I asked to be tested for Lyme two weeks ago and the results aren’t through yet, but I’ve also read that there are different tests and I’m not sure which one my hospital is doing.

I am very interested in gut absorption and biome issues too.

Can I ask if you are in the UK?

matt1216
1 year ago

Standard tests for Lyme like the Eliza test and the western blot are notoriously inaccurate , so much so that several states are now required by law that the doctor inform you that just because you test negative doesn’t mean you don’t have Lyme.

The only way to get an accurate heavy metal test done is with provoked chemical chelation but this is very dangerous and should be avoided.

As far as treatment I’ve used diet, exercise , supplements and controlling mindset. Stress flares infections so keeping a positive , goal oriented attitude is crucial.

There is no one size fits all program for beating this , everyone is different depending on how advanced your infections are and which infections you have , genetic factors etc That being said we are probably in different seats and different sections but we are in the same ball park.

I’ll give a more detailed write up and try to provide some resources on how to identify exactly what infections you have and info about toxin exposure etc when I get a bit more time on my hands . For now spend alittle time googling the connections between the issues I’ve mentioned and MS, there is a wealth of knowledge out there…

matt1216
1 year ago

@teal I’m in the U.S . I forgot to mention that one should always proceed with caution when addressing your health, research everything thoroughly. There is no simple pill or supplement that is going to cure you. It’s a slow , steady process of cleansing and detoxification.

The more serious symptoms we experience such as loss of mobility and motor function are often the result of heavy metal toxicity. Glutamate induced excitotoxicity plays a part as well.

Pathogens bind toxic heavy metals (along with minerals) and when they are killed these metals along with many other toxins are released (this is known as a “herx effect”) and enter the blood steam. if you kill pathogens too fast and release metals faster than your body can excrete than you will go crippled (ALS, progressive MS). If you have chronic inflammation than your body will not properly detoxify itself and will retain toxins and metals . Once inflammation is removed your cells will begin to “dump ” there toxic load. Common signs of metal toxicity are dizziness, mobility issues, weakness in extremitys, shortness of breath, excess salivation , feeling very cold , cramping in muscles , spasms and twitching.

Heating your core temp, oxygenating your body (both are done with exercise), consuming a healthy diet high in vitamins and minerals, certain foods, herbs and spices will all kill pathogens in the body. But again things have to go slow and steady, kill too much and you go backwards in progress and symptoms. This is not a race.

There is a lot to cover here as far as getting the basics down. Educate yourself and have yourself tested , once you realize for yourself that what I’m saying is true than spread awareness. If we bring attention to this than we can get proper treatment and won’t have to deal with this on our own, grass roots style …

Anonymous
1 year ago

I don’t think any of us can really know what is going on at this stage, but you are right in that an inquisitive mind is a good thing.

matt1216
1 year ago

I fully understand your skepticism, it’s a lot to take in and grasp . It took me months before I could really start to wrap my head around these issues and connect the dots. Start with a Lyme test thru an accurate , reputable lab and take things from there. Mark down today’s date, it’s the day you became aware and started your journey back to good health.. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Anonymous
1 year ago

I’m not skeptical, I just think it is immensely complex and I don’t think we can possibly understand it because the medical science isn’t there yet, doesn’t mean we can’t try though.

Which is why I’d like to know if a thoracic Tarlov’s cyst is a common finding in MSers (I’m ignoring sacral TCs at the moment)

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.