ammatime 03/04/18
Last reply 3 days ago
Subject: Loneliness

Anyone up for meeting up for a drink and a chat sometime. Also, does anyone know when our nest MS meet up is?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

briant
3 months ago

Where to are you

briant
3 months ago

I got some vodka to go with the lemonade if you’re up for it 😉

ammatime
3 months ago

Your profile is empty

webbexpress
3 months ago

Hi @ammatime I believe there was a Meetup today, and monthly. They tend to get posted here.
I think a few from there are east based, I’m in Bermondsey.

Ben

cammo
3 months ago

@ammatime I’m in Australia, happy to meet up for a drink.

quantummechanic
3 months ago

@ammatime Hi ammatime, I understand loneliness, sadly only too well. :/ I think too many of us live with loneliness. I would meet up with you if I could, I’m quite a bit further north than yourself tho. But I’m happy to be a friend.

ammatime
3 months ago

Hi, thanks for your response. Do you ever come to London?

Hi, just joined this site…we (my wife and I) run a pub in Victoria, The Windsor Castle in Francis Street SW1, generally work on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 12 when we open. It’s nice and quiet so feel free to drop by and we can give you some time at the bar, or even introduce you to some of our regulars. Just let us now when in case we have to go out or something, we are also dog friendly if that helps

taylortubular
2 months ago

I would love to 🙂

The offer is open both Dee and myself will be on the bar from 12:00 Saturday and Sunday, it’s always quiet so drop by, bring a mate whatever. We look forward to seeing you as and when. I am thinking of holding a meet session here at some point so would be great to talk about that and perhaps if you fancy it, be a part of getting a group going. That loneliness feeling will soon be a thing of the past…..

seanachai
1 month ago

Hi @markatwindsorcastle

Was just curious, did anything you ever make any moves to hold a meet session…?

Sounds interesting nice little pub….

Hi, it’s something I want to do, just had a relapse so a bit up the wall at the moment. I am planning a rebirth of me (a new me) over the next couple of weeks, I want to get that MS baggage put into a cupboard inside my head.

ammatime
1 month ago

Hello markatwindsorcastle, Thanks for the invite. Would love to come. Is the pub wheelchair accessible?

seanachai
1 month ago

@markatwindsorcastle – sorry to hear about the relapse, scary times, stay strong…. it will pass

Focus on recovery and let us know when the new you is ready

Thanks, have posted some ideas today waiting for some feedback from members in shift…I notice on your profile you don’t take any meds for RRMS, of which I also have. I take Plegridy and am thinking of changing. Is it your choice not to take meds?

seanachai
1 month ago

Hi Mark – no meds at this stage, currently just lifestyle changes and alternative therapies…. see how it goes

sciencegeek
1 month ago

I’m tagging @kimiblanc (hope I got that right). She organises a London meet up and we’d love to have one at your pub @markatwindsorcastle

Let’s make it happen!

Hey Sciencegeek..I guess kimiblanc arranges these meetings? If your tag linked would kimi arrange a meeting here at the Windsor Castle? If Kimi is the organiser I don’t mind being on the books as a venue. Please let me know. We have a ground floor disabled toilet just about big enough for wheelchair access as well. Better days would be Mondays, Tuesdays as these are quieter or weekends. Being a business led from local companies we can get uncomfortably full Wed/Thurs/ and Fridays. My email address is…[email protected] FYI

kimiblanc
1 week ago

Hi @markatwindsorcastle,

Our meet ups are on Mondays and Tuesdays so this works perfectly! I am going to get the dates for the next meet ups soon, so Ill be in touch via email?

Looking forward to meeting you.

Kim

seanachai
1 week ago

Chaps

Is there any possibility we could make this happen week of 20th Aug, only if convenient, hate to break habits of a lifetime 🙂 ..

Only reason for asking is a friend from out of town, MSer, would like to meet up at some point and she is in town that week….

Thanks

mariaashikka
1 week ago

I would love to meet up.

I live in Hertfordshire but work in the city

When are we thinking?

Maria

andyturner
1 week ago

I would if you lived in Edinburgh.. Could be MS friends.

ammatime
1 week ago

Kims meetup is established so good idea to use it to meet up. Kim please let us know when please. Thanks

ammatime
1 week ago

Kim , what l meant was would it be possible to have one of your meetups at the pub mentioned?

Hi Guys, been off for a while, relapse again aaaaggghhhh, just let me know when you want to use the pub

seanachai
3 days ago

hi @kimiblanc – do we think we could move the dates for the month of August….assuming of course it works for Mark and he is feeling up to it?

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.