dave-c 02/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago

Hi. I have not been on here in a while, how is everyone?
Over the last week I have been really tired, my legs have been spasming more and my mobility has been aweful. I was watching TV this afternoon and I just started crying. I am really scared, but don’t want to talk to anyone about it as not to worry them. Everything, even simple things like getting dressed feels like a massive effort.
Just needed to go on here and get things off my chest because I know this site helped me a lot when I was first diagnosed and felt lost.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

2 years ago

I can certainly empathise with that overwhelming feeling “is this how my life is going to be” but we don’t have a crystal ball, an although easier said than done sometimes we just need to live in the moment and try not to think about the future too much. Take every achievement no matter how minor as a triumph and hang on in there, take care x

2 years ago

Well, I’ve missed that “cheeky” grin, @dave-c . ๐Ÿ˜‰

I can understand your not wanting to burden your family, so this is a good a place as any to share this current problem.

Can you recall any change in your circumstances which may have caused this current dip in your health? Are you able to give yourself a break, i.e. take your foot of life’s accelerator for a bit?

2 years ago

Everyday is struggle chin up x

2 years ago

It’s really difficult it takes so much of your energy to do the simplistic of moves . I literally could just collapse . There’s times I think can I do this or I’m I going to have to sit or lie down again . It really sucks sorry but I’m sick of the way this illness makes me feel

2 years ago

I cry too it’s hard going it’s difficult you just want to say body please work for me please .

2 years ago

@dave c , it’s hard fella, I’m sure everyone will say so, but u know what, when up against it, dig deep, and when we are lost we all find inner strength from somewhere. That’s what makes us who we are, I reckon. All the best

2 years ago

Thanks everyone. I’m sure I’m just having an off week. I’m sure next week I’ll be back to myself. It’s tiring putting on a brave face all the time. Sometimes it’s just too much effort.
The rugby tonight cheered me up though ๐Ÿ™‚

2 years ago

I’m sorry to hear you are strugglin’ Dave.
You made the right choice to vent overhere. I really hope it helps you.

I do want to emphasize that protecting your loved ones from your experiences/emotions or set backs can cause unconsious stress on your body.
as you put it “Itโ€™s tiring putting on a brave face all the time. Sometimes itโ€™s just too much effort.” It’s taking your energy trying to uplive expectations of yourself (or maybe others) of how you think it should be instead of expressing how it is.

It tells you are a kind hearted person who is able set his needs aside before others or maybe you dont want to be look at as someone who is sick or weak.
But i just want to let you know that it’s important for you , your mind and body that you can feel open about what you are going through.
From my own experience it made me feel much stronger and more confident about myself, knowing i dont need to hide anything from no one. I (You) am/are the one that is experiencing these hardships and we are mighty strong for putting up with it everyday.

If this reply raises questions feel free to hit me up.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.