briant 12/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Stress

Hi does anyone get worse when there stressed when I’m stressed my legs stop working does anyone else have this problem

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

annie13
2 months ago

@briant
Yes, stress/worry/anxiety make some of my symptoms a lot stronger. I find meditation and breathing exercises help to calm things down again

marcyg921
2 months ago

Stress and MS are a very bad combination and we need to avoid stress as much as we can because they can make our symptoms flare up. Its the reason why I cut my days down at work, because it was stressing me out too much and it was making me depressed.

stumbler
2 months ago

@briant here’s a bit about stress:-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/stress

I’m a firm believer that stress can make MS progress.

sarah_irwin
2 months ago

Yes
When im stressed (which is often) my legs feel like they will give way. Its distressing isnt it. When im really stressed they shake uncontrollably.
Sarah

tuffee
2 months ago

@briant
Yes it is! I had a short but intense burst of stress 2 weeks ago at work, during less than 30 sec (I won’t what now became a daily dose of stress) and by the end of the last week a couple of my old symptoms switched to ON mode. The neuro gave me a Medrol (Oral) treatment for the next 15 days.

The funny or ironic thing is, when I had that intense burst of stress, I told myself “Damn, there’s a new lesion” 😀

Do your best to avoid stressful situation, but also take is easy. 🙂

mmhhpp
2 months ago

Absolutely! Stress and upset all put me to a still, unable to move! Get away from people who aren’t possible around you,

mmhhpp
2 months ago

peterfrancis
2 months ago

Yes, Stress does me no favors at all.

Even the most minimal amount of stress makes my shakes and tremors go haywire along with a massive headache and buckling knees…. So in short, leave stress to someone else.

world25
2 months ago

I get this as well! When I’m rushing around somewhere or when I’m upset about something I feel like my legs are going to give way and the tingles get really bad!

janabananaaa
2 months ago

I get that too! Stress and ms is the worst combination.. stress in general. I get weakness in my legs and burning and tingling sensation. Sometimes at work i feel like my vision gets worse when it’s stressful. I am still learning how to cope with stress and I learnt to ignore and let it go. Do one thing at a time and stay away from toxic people 🙂 yoga and meditation are really effective exercises.

lm24
2 months ago

Yep, I can be walking ‘ok’ then the slightest stress or anxiety and my legs stiffen up and are really heavy and I struggle to walk. This can come on if I know I have folk watching me or I’m in a hurry or even if the weather is bad!

ebaldwin
2 months ago

@briant
Stress is definitely a trigger for me I’ve had to research ways of control my stress because I work in retail and I can’t just walk away from stress like my neurologist has told me to do

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.