Last reply 3 months ago
STIFF & STUFF 🤔

Hi everyone.. my name is Paula and i’m a newbie here🤗 I’m so glad to be amongst people who understand MS and all its … surprises🤔
My question is..
does the change in temperature make anyone else so stiff it hurts?
We’re having a cold spell here and I am so stiff & stuff on my left side it’s paralyzing.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to work through this I’d be most appreciative.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mlgilber1
3 months ago

Yes, in the cold I get stiff as well. My doctor gave me baclofen for it and I do pt which helps. Some exercises and stretching.

red-suzuki
3 months ago

Yes again…this MonSter affects me in this cold weather to & has a different, but just as bad effect in the heat….like mlgilber 1 I have been taking Baclofen for my spasms & go to physio to help keep things moving & exercised….

edmontonalberta
3 months ago

@paula_des

I hope “misery loves company”. LOL

Supposedly heat is bad for MS – yet I find this to be false. Edmonton has been -30 for the past week; wind chill factor has it -50 at times… The good news is that we have heated underground parking; so I am managing to survive.

Having said that, my sister made me rice bags – she sewed it into different sizes. Depending upon my needs, a few minutes in the microwave warms it enough to warm the part of my body that needs it.

And of course, a hot bath helps when I get “cold to the bone”…

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.