Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

krisp
3 years ago

Hi Mary where in Austria
What type of Ms do you have and what made you decide there?
Is it hsct or MSCT?

krisp
3 years ago

I know Dr Slavin operates from Austria sometimes with the initial stem cell grab being done in Israel

tracyd
3 years ago

I spoke to a vice man called Jake on Friday while I was in the Oxygen Therapy treatment. He has HSCT 12 weeks ago at Kings in London.

@krisp I mentioned you had looked at Russia and Jakes advice was as follow – I you can not find published medical results for treatments provided by both the clinic and the Doctor then do NOT under any circumstances go there. His treatment team had a few choice things to say about how the Russian centre had provided treatment and after care that had to be provided back home for people who had been there. Jake also advised that it’s not a quick painless magic bullet and that you need to check your pride for about 5 weeks as a result of the side effects. He did also happily report to the 6 of us in the Decompression chamber that his pubes were finally growing back 🙂

krisp
3 years ago

Hi Tracy thabks for that
Do you know if he had mesenchymal cells or the full hsct?
I’ve read some published reports from the Russian clinic of s follow up of 99 patients, also read some others from other centers.
I would love to have it done in the UK but it looks that if it turns out to be rapid progressive or progressive of any kind then the UK will not even look at it
Did he have ppms or RRMS do you know Tracy?

tracyd
3 years ago

@krisp

I can call the centre and ask which type he has, he’s a regular there and his dad is one of the operators for the chamber 🙂 when I mentioned he had had HSCT he didn’t correct me so I’m pretty sure on that one.

Have you had any news on your diagnosis yet ?

Sending warm and fuzzies your way xx

mary-annpearson
3 years ago

Thank you guys that is food for thought. I am trying to get statistics. Russia looks unlikely with the length of time and not knowing the language.

brokendancer
3 years ago

I’m sure I heard somewhere that there’s a 2 year waiting list for the clinic in Russia! That’s before you consider the cost etc.

Are you going the mesenchymal one in Austria?

Sonia x

mary-annpearson
3 years ago

i will be trying the mesenchymal in austria. Hope rather than expectation. fingers crossed

krisp
3 years ago

Hi Mary
There’s a lot of research into that now
They do say you may need additional treatments over time thougg
Is this through Dr Slavin by the way? And what date have they given you

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.