Anonymous 15/05/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Staying cool….any ideas?

Hey. Its just turning summer here and I’m desperate to figure out a way to keep cool while at work. I have a fairly physical job and work in a very warm room. Now that summer is here it is terrible and heat makes my symptoms worse.

Any ideas on how to stay cool when I can’t jump in a shower or whatever? How do you deal with the heat of summer?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

jat721
5 years ago

I’ve started using cooling neck wraps, I’ve learned that I need to use them even if I don’t think I’m overheating! They really help. I actually started an etsy shop selling them cause I like them so much. I don’t know if I can post links here, but if you search “Coolzies” on etsy or google you’ll find them. I’m also making a donation to our MS Walk next year for each one I sell. I used to love feeling cozy and warm, but now I feel better if I’m slightly on the cold side, cause it’s such a fine line between being comfortable and being too warm…

namansareen88
5 years ago

I wear loose clothes…XL t-shirts and really baggy jeans. Water helps too, but with the incontinence it makes me not drink a lot. Also made me like a spy…I always make sure I have an exit strategy in place…know where all the toilets are etc.

Anonymous
5 years ago

yeah…I’m big on the baggy clothing at work. Don’t have to deal with customers too often so its easy to get away with.

@jat721 – I’m actually trying something similar tonight. I have an ice pack I can wrap about my neck while I move about…and my partner suggested a frozen water bottle in my pocket when I can.

Going to try it all out and see how it works. I’ve always been one for suuuper warm summer days and being super comfy…but I find I just can’t take the heat anymore.

Thank you so much for the replies! I appreciate the help!

Ozi77
5 years ago

I run cold water over my wrists to help cool me down. Works a treat!

Move to England!!
No seriously, splashing cold water on my face and cold water of the wrists does the trick for me. Also wet your hair a bit.

danrb80
5 years ago

I work in a 90% women dominated office and they tend to have heating on right up until June. It kills me I am always hot and hate it. I do the wrist thing its great and (sorry to offend) I strip off as soon as i get home at the end of the day.
I really hate being warm makes me really grouchy. 🙂

Anonymous
5 years ago

Awesome! Thank you for all the advice…sounds like I will have to start running water over my wrists and such when I get overheated at work.

lindz
5 years ago

Some type of spray/water bottle 😛 You can even keep it in the fridge to make sure the water stays cool!

markms
5 years ago

try carrying them little fans around if you can and boots do a small cold spray but cold warter in a spray bottle works. but do try the fan

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.