tish22 20/12/17
Last reply 7 months ago
Starting treatment and…

Hi all, I’ll be starting Tecfidera soon. It’s going to be delivered Thursday. Anyway I’ve just been put on citalopram 10mg. Does anyone know whether it will interfere with the treatment? I don’t like to take medication if I can help it, but I’ve been going through low moods & horrible outbursts. Hence why I’ve been put on citalopram to see if it will help me.
Thank you for reading any advice would be appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

@tish22 , I can’t find anything formally mentioned.

However, Citalopram is a widely used anti-depressant, so perhaps one of our members uses both drugs…….

tish22
7 months ago

Thank you. 😊 will just continue to take citalopram aswell as Tecfidera.

mamalou70
7 months ago

Hi Tish.

You are absolutely fine to take both at the one time . There are no interactions between the two .

Good luck with the tecfidera . I’ve been on it over 3 years now and no relapses x

Anonymous
7 months ago

If in doubt, a pharmacist can look into drug interactions 🙂

vixen
7 months ago

Hi there. I’m assuming that your neuro who prescribed Tec knows about the other? I’ve been on Tec for 8 months now and when I started was taking Amitriptyline. This was for headaches but it is an anti depressant and there were no problems at all. Good luck!

potter
7 months ago

I take my Tecfidera in the middle of my meal, in the morning I have it with a bowl of cereal with nut milk. I switched from almond milk to nut milk it had more protein, and I just take it with my regular meal in the evening. I just had my first relapse in 10 years and my neuro told me it was a mild one. Some people take a aspirin or allergy pill before taking the Tecfidera to reduce flushing. I never had that problem, it will probably take a month for your system to get use to the Tecfidera. Some people have no problems at all, other people can’t tolerate it and have to change to another DMT. Good luck and if you have any questions there are a lot of MSers on the forum who take Tecfidera. Potter

tish22
7 months ago

Thank you @mamalou70. 😊

tish22
7 months ago

@vixen no they don’t as was put on it last week & haven’t got an appointment til the new year. Will fill them know then 😊

tish22
7 months ago

@potter thank you. Going to start them tomorrow as they were delivered at 10.15 as I want to take them 7am & 7pm. 😊

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.