lina 07/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Starting on Pregablin

Hi everyone, happy New Year. Saw GP yeaterday as Gabapentin is not working for the burning pain in my back. Asked him if there was anything else I could go on and he has suggested I take Pregablin 1 x150mg morning and 1 x 150mg at night. I’m hoping stopping taking Gabapentin might even stop the ringing in my ears as I’m sure that’s what causing it and not Meneries disease.
Fingers crossed it will work. Also received my order of Mtiq vitamins so will also be starting them.

Any thoughts.

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@lina , I wouldn’t start the vitamins and the Pregabelen at the same time, as you won’t know which one is doing what.

I’d hold off on the vitamins for a while and see how the Pregabelen works on its own.

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina! … Good luck with the Pregabilin!

From what I have read online with peoples experience of Gabapentin and Pregabalin people have mostly preferred Pregabalin!

Good luck 🙂 xxx

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler @cazzzzzy thanks for your input going to see the headteacher at school tomorrow just to speak to him about the new meds and maybe aany side effects I may get but fingers crossed I hope not to get any as I am already on the Gabapentin.

Lina

rehanna917
3 years ago

@lina I have tried both Gabapentin and Pregablin. I gave up on the Gabapentin as this did nothing for me. I am currently on pregablin 300mg at night and 300mg in the morning. I have suffered with a lot of nerve pain in the past and I have to say Pregablin works a treat. I have been on it for 2 years. I also take amitriptylene 100mg at night also for nerve related pain.
Since my last relapse (June 2014) i have this burning sensation down my leg which hasn’t gone away. I was told I have highly active MS and started on Gilenya in August 2014 whilst still taking my Pregablin and Amitriptyline.

lina
3 years ago

@rehanna917 Thanks, yes I don’t think its helping me neither I take 1 x 300mg morning and afternoon and 900mg at bedtime but I also started with ringing in my ears I thought myself that it isn’t working and i’m sure ringing in the ears is a side effect of Gabapentin it is very low on the list of side effects but all I kept being told no it isn’t so went back to my GP and asked him if there is anything else I can I so he has given me Pregablin and I have to take 1 300mg in the morning and 1 300mg at night I can’t have Amitriptyline as I am already on dosulpin which I have already been on for years so fingers crossed that when I take pregablin ringing in the ears will stop I have also been given serc 16mg for the ears but been cutting them in half and just taking half twice a day instead of 3 times a day as I want to be able to function as I work in a school with little ones so hoping to come off them if my ringing in the ears stop.

Thanks

Lina

Hiya,

I’ve been taking Pregabalin 75mg in the morning and 150mg at night. The gp originally had me at both 150mg at night and morning but they make me feel light headed and groggy. 75mg is fine for me as i don’t have the light headedness.
Just thinking that as you have Meniere’s you may want to try take the lower dose first to avoid any dizziness and get used to it.

I take mine for anxiety disorder so no idea if it works for pain/spasms!

lina
3 years ago

Thanks everyone I have started on Pregablin today 150mg morning 150mg at night at the moment burning pain is bad as the GP told me to completely stop Gabenpentin which I was on 300mg in the morning and afternoon and 900mg at night so if I don’t sleep well tonight going to take 300mg at night tomorrow as well just to see how it goes .

Fingers crossed her guys

Lina

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.