lorag 30/03/17
Last reply 10 months ago
Starting Aubagio and famprya.

Hi all! I recently had a appointment with a new neurologist, my last MRI showed new lesions on right side of brain, makes sense my left side had been weaker but I just thought it was because I tired. I have secondary progression but she said because I have a new lesion she recommend I start dmd medication and my waking is very bad and generally weak all over with numbness etc. I have tried searching in here posts on these ledications but couldn’t find, what are people experiences with these?

Thanks you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

spunky
10 months ago

Hi @lorag
I m on Aubagio and hav been on it for a year now. I have nothing else to compare it to as it is my first DMT.

When I started it I experienced loose stool and sore stomach for just over a week. At the 3 month mark I started shedding hair and it stopped in the 6th month. It shed evenly and was not patchy. I am happy to say that it had grown in again now. It is very easy and convenient to take and I never experience any negative side effects. I will continue to take it as long as it works for me.

Best wishes!

lorag
10 months ago

Thanks spunky, hope my experience is the same this is my 6th medication I am trying so it has to work because I have ran out of options ha ha.

spunky
10 months ago

@lorag
If it is your 6th DMT have you considered requesting something stronger with a higher effectiveness rate to reduce relapses?
Something like Tysabri, Lemtrada, Techfedera or Gilenya?

Just something to consider.

lorag
10 months ago

Done tysabri and gilenya felt worse, I don’t think I qualify for lemtrada.

sonja1966
10 months ago

I was just going to ask you about Aubagio. My son was on Gilenya it made him feel really bad too. It would destry 1 lesion but he would produce 1 lesion. He is taking Zimbryta. Thinking about Copaxone, what are your feelings about that medication?

molly89
10 months ago

I recently started Aubagio as my first DMT and so far so good. A few issues with loose stools and/or constipation but overall I feel very normal. For me I feel so far it has been the right choice. Everyone is different. Hope you find the right one.

lorag
10 months ago

Sinja1966 I have never been offered Copaxane. I don’t or can’t do needles did with rebif and avonex at the beginning but got to the stage where I couldn’t inject or get anybody else to do it. I am ok now with getting blood test etc and when I was on tysabri I just look away and remind myself it will be quick. Everyone is different and you can only try because you never know.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.