Last reply 2 months ago
St Patrick's ☘️☘️☘️☘️

I’m running a 10k for St Paddy’s tomorrow. 🍀🏃🏼 Picked up my wee race number yesterday. So excited so everyone say a prayer the sensation in my legs stays until at least tomorrow lunch time lol.

Running has literally been such a help since I have been diagnosed. It was actually a dodgy knee after the leg of the marathon that led to my disagnosis. I thought I would have to give it up but if anything it spurred me on more.

Not about to let some white spots on a picture stand in my way, for now anyways.

Keep well all, have a great weekend 😍

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 used to run marathons myself, but the last one I did in 94 (yes I’m that old) took a blind runner round, it was great, but the ms hit 6 months later and haven’t run since, in fact I now struggle even walking so it’s lively to hear about an mser in this day and age defying all the odds. Go for it girl🥊🤞😜

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@grandma oh woah. What an achievement. Very much in the ‘run while I can’ mentality so making the most of it!
💃🏼 Thanks for your encouragement!

stumbler
2 months ago

@katrinaf93 , here’s hoping for a fair wind and two good legs. Respect.

dramaqueen
2 months ago

Wonderful enjoy but remember to listen to your body have a good run. x

z900
2 months ago

Very best of luck, but mind yourself.

vixen
2 months ago

Wow @katrinaf93, all the best. Lucky you too, being able to run. And yes, as above, don’t push too hard. Lots of luck!

rivka
2 months ago

@katrina93, how did it go? Just getting to the starting line is a win! I had to stop running but I can still walk, a little bit with a wobble and a cane, but I’m still moving. I just completed 10 km here in Jerusalem as part of the Jerusalem Marathon, huge goal for me. The crowd support was amazing and I’m still on a high. I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time in your race, even if those legs don’t always want to join the fun.

rivka
2 months ago

Whoops, make that @katrinaf93. See above. 🙄

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@rivak it went so well, ended on a personal best. Very pleased.

Amazing to hear what you’ve just completed! Fantastic. You’re an inspiration and so glad to hear to fighting back against MS. Proud of us! xxx

lightning87
2 months ago

What a great post 🙂 I ran a half marathon with MS, didn’t know it at the time although had a numb hand and l’hermittes whilst running it. You need a strong mindset I think to battle this thing. Well done on your PB!! X

rivka
2 months ago

We need a virtual long distance running/walking/wobbling team of MSers!
@lightning87, @katrinaf93, what do you think?🤔
We have Jerusalem, Belfast, and Edinburg covered! Now we just need tee shirts…😊

doubleo7hud
2 months ago

Good lass on the running jobby it’s a marathon just hobbling to the sh1tter for a p1ss here every time I make it it’s a victory 😂 feck you ms you sh1t, I win at life 😂. Can we swap legs, I might look a bit daft like I’m 6ft 3 at the moment what size are they 😂

doubleo7hud
2 months ago

Ps my legs aren’t 6ft 3 I mean in total feck me I’d be in the Guinness book of records tallest MSdebator in the world lol

katrinaf93
2 months ago

@doubleo7hud this reply is hilarious 😂😂😂😂 thank so much! And yeah mine are only 5ft 3 so not sure how that would work 😂😂😂😂

doubleo7hud
2 months ago

Bloody ell lass thas a tall en iv never met anyone with 5ft 3 legs how do you get in your house without knocking thee Sen aht?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.