Last reply 4 months ago
spring babies!

So I’ve read heaps, connection with spring babies and MS is one thing….

Well I’m a spring baby, wonder who else is on here?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Yep, I’m one! πŸ˜‰

hannah015
3 years ago

I’m one too, how weird if there is a connection

stumbler
3 years ago

Well, the obvious connection is that our Mothers were carrying us when they weren’t getting much vitamin D3……

lucinda
3 years ago

Very true stumbler. It’s so very interesting.

tracyd
3 years ago

Is March 3rd Spring ? If so me too :-O

gareths
3 years ago

Me too – April

biba
3 years ago

I was born in June so I was ‘in the oven’ in the winter months however, I was born in California so I guess that might buck the trend a little with regards to the Vit D deficiency theory πŸ™

rich1982
3 years ago

I’m a May baby which is apparently most common for MSers.

jdeeley
3 years ago

I’m june

andypearl
3 years ago

im 17th March (Irish Spring baby maybe!)

hunterdog
3 years ago

April here!

jay23
3 years ago

April baby here!

spuddie007
3 years ago

Born in December here. Bucking the trend.

northernlass
3 years ago

April baby and from the late 60’s and up north … I didn’t stand a chance πŸ™

tabbycat
3 years ago

I am apriltoo.

I just read this on the MS people UK web site on a medical blog about vitamin D, which said it may not be low Vit D levels that are to blame, but lack of real sunlight. This need for sunlight maybe true for pregnant women and for adult sufferers.
I am off for a session on a sunbed, as I have not seen sunshine for months!

“The ultraviolet (UV) radiation contained in sunlightSunlight is a powerful immune suppressant. While exposure to UV is best known for its ability to cause skin cancer, it is also associated with protection against a range of autoimmune diseases, particularly multiple sclerosis (MS). Although the precise mechanism by which sunlightSunlight affords protection from MS remains to be determined, some have hypothesised that UV immunosuppression explains the “latitude-gradient effect” associated with MS. By stimulating the release of soluble factors in exposed skin, UV activates immune suppressive pathways that culminate in the induction of regulatory cells. Regulatory cells in distant tissues. Each and every one of the immune suppressive cells and molecules activated by UV exposure are potential targets for treating and preventing MS. A thorough understanding of the mechanisms involved is therefore required if we are to realise the therapeutic potential of photoimmunology.”

jrdiddle
3 years ago

August for me.

CClaire
3 years ago

Christmas baby does not tick the right box.

lucinda
3 years ago

Awwww all season babies! xxx

xander
3 years ago

26th of feb for me

jonesbear
3 years ago

Not really what I wanted to read my wife is due in May hopefully it’s not true, I was January baby so hopefully it’s put paid to this theory.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hey don’t be frightened it is just another hunch. Just make sure she takes lots of vit D and maybe a few trips to the sun bed!

jonesbear
3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words @tabbycat hopefully the holiday in Cyprus in October was of help,I don’t think my wife is allowed a sunbed at the moment.

nrl321
3 years ago

So does the theory relate to exposure to the Mother at time of conception or in the months during pregnancy or how much exposure the baby gets after baby is born?
The billion dollar questions: is this stuff predetermined when our cells first start multiplying?
And why do people who live in less than perfect environments continue to pop out healthy children who will never worry about autoimmune diseases?

I was a Winter baby πŸ™‚

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

I’m a November baby and my mother carried me through the Summer of 76 – record high temps! My mum was fully enjoying the beach so her vitamin d levels wouldn’t have been an issue πŸ™‚

My vitamin d levels have always been fine – my theory is that we MSers maybe can’t process many vitamins and minerals as we should and everything’s in our genes…

xxx

grahamjk
3 years ago

hi all, I’m 1st july 71 so what does that mean. I was born dead center of the year??

befuddled
4 months ago

Spring baby here, but in Australia. So September. Im late to the parade haha

potter
4 months ago

October for me, my mothers family has autoimmune genetic problems, I don’t think Vit D had anything to do with it. Potter

rolly
4 months ago

i never heard of this apparent connection before. not sure whether there is anything behind it. i was born in july, so i guess i’m also bucking the apparent trend.

buitenmus
4 months ago

I’m a spring baby too

candacer
4 months ago

That is interesting I am also a spring baby

rachaellouise
4 months ago

April

wildredphoenix
4 months ago

I am late March and my aunt is April while my mom is mid July. We all have MS.

highlander
4 months ago

Late March and Scottish, sunshine is relatively rare!

merfield
4 months ago

I’m Septemer! Trender bender xx

petlamb
4 months ago

September too x

ebaldwin
4 months ago

October baby πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸΌ

msikib
4 months ago

Talking about ’causes’ of MS, I had an electric shock off a dodgy lamp when I was about 7 years old, is that a possible cause?. I was born at the end of May.

tessa
4 months ago

I have to say I am becoming sceptical about all these possible reasons for Ms although I know many of them come from highly respected researchers.
Coffee …sheep ..vitamin D3 …spring births and many more .It all strikes me as straw clutching . Some new theory to grab headlines .
Cynical I’m afraid

grandma
4 months ago

April

sarah_irwin
4 months ago

Im September ☺

mmhhpp
4 months ago

March baby….

sheena25
4 months ago

October

arbee
4 months ago

Also April

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.