krisp 02/05/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Spasticity

Hi all
Stumnler don’t shout at me lol
I was wondering how spasticity if it’s what I am experiencing, develops?
Does it stay mild for some people? Does it come and go? Does it flare up and can it be part of a relapse or something that occurs alongside the disease?
Any experience anyone?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , nice holiday!? 😕

Anyway, here’s a bit of reading for you:-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/information/publications/factsheets/spasticity.jsp

krisp
3 years ago

Hi thinks stumbler
At the moment it’s more of a stiffnrss in the legs on and off and pain on and off
The arms are the same both of them but more so the right, even me as anxious as I am can’t make sense of this? It all seems like so much so soon?

stumbler
3 years ago

krisp
3 years ago

You’ve got a point
I do see someone thiugh, I had this conversation with my other half tonight, the anxiety goes away and then a symptm gets worse or another one pops up and I know it’s all very aggressive so far and I look at the future and realise that at this rate I haven’t got a long one
I look at my son and it breaks my heart, sorry to be a pratt again

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , I have a view about anxiety. Whilst you can consciously take a stand about it, your sub-conscious refuses to “play ball”.

Dealing with anxiety is sometimes not straightforward…..

krisp
3 years ago

I’ve dealt with anxiety for years and always been able to beat it, the issue now is I don’t have the strength and the worries of the future are making it all worse
I’ve got pregabalin here that I’m starting to take which should help with nerve pain and the anxiety

stumbler
3 years ago

@krisp , as has been suggested before, discuss this situation with your GP.

You do need some help to bring this all into perspective. You’re being drawn into conclusions, which are just conjecture.

brokendancer
3 years ago

Truthfully, I was confused at all the times I shivered when it wasn’t that cold. I didn’t actually realise it was spasticity til I started having the proper shakes when I tried to get out of bed in the morning, that’s when I realised – well that and my husband saying I made the whole bed shake!
Sonia x

Anonymous
3 years ago

Hi @krisp,

I don’t wish to sound blunt but you need to put things into context. Aggressive is landing in hospital for a week hooked to a drip and unable to see or walk straight and an MRI lit up.

I’m not trying to minimalise your symptoms or sound uncaring (really :-)) but please don’t write yourself off as having ms or no future just yet. Stumbler gives good advice.

krisp
3 years ago

Hi sandwich
I appreciate what your saying, it’s not my current situation tht worries me it’s the rate so far in only four months and what it will do to me if it doesn’t slow down
Thankyou tjkugh it helps to get perspective sometimes

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.