emma289 25/04/17
Last reply 10 months ago
Spasm in left hand

Hi guys and gals
Please help me. I’m new to ms. I got my diagnosis about a month ago now and I’m sure learning a lot!
I had a spasm in my left hand before. I was tightening a bottle lid and it felt like a muscle or nerve snapped in my hand. I heard it pop and it was like a painful tingling sensation ran down my index finger and in the muscle around the top of my thumb on the palm side
Now I have a dirty big bruise running down the palm of my hand and the top of my thumb muscle is swollen. The pain is still in my finger too…
Has anyone ever had this?
Thank you in advance
Emma x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
10 months ago

@emma289 , MS can cause spasms to our muscles, but they just recover after the spasm subsides. It doesn’t leave any lasting or visible signs of damage.

So, MS can’t directly cause us physical damage. However, it may indirectly cause this damage – if that makes sense.

I’d pop to your GP and let them have a look at it. We do have to be careful not to put everything down to MS. If you’re ever not sure, you should call your MS Nurse, who will advise accordingly.

emma289
10 months ago

Thank you for the advice @stumbler
I will call my gp. Still waiting on a referral to an MS clinic but I’m going to apply some pressure to be referred asap
I just wanted to check if it was an unusual thing that’s all
😊

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.