mmhhpp 18/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Spasciticy at night on the legs

Dear all,

Is anybody using any medication at night for the legs to avoid them moving . Mine bend upwards and I cannot pull them down because I’m too weak .

The MS nurse is suggesting something like gabapentin pregabalin she said no to sleeping tablets, is anybody doing something about it ? It keeps me awake many nights …. this urgent need to straighten the legs ….

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
2 months ago

@mmhhpp , Magnesium may help.

Otherwise, Baclofen is usually the drug of choice. It’s a muscle relaxant.

robb
2 months ago

Hi I also get that too, I take 15mg baclofen before bed my advice would be to keep away from pregabalin, unless you get nerve pain

lm24
2 months ago

I take a really small dose of clonazepam, it helps relax my legs, stop the spasms and helps me sleep. It’s prescribed by my neurologist.

sigmadelta
2 months ago

I have the same problem. Prescribed baclofen which has had no effect.
I was thinking of asking the same question as you..haha.
The urge to leg straighten is overwhelming and that in itself is painful, especially as a male and you can’t quite feel where your tackle is at the time!
As Robb says I would steer clear of the pregabalin route, hearing more and more about its nasty side effects.
MS nurse will only look at his/her list of ‘allowed’ medication… they aren’t a lot of use quite frankly.
I’ve never heard of clonazepam so I can’t comment on lm24.
I recently tried cannabis tincture and it got me off to sleep ok for about 2 hours.
Trouble was, I woke at 2 am for my usual trip to the to the toilet… and found my legs didn’t work at all!
Swings and roundabouts I guess. lol.

mmhhpp
2 months ago

Thank you all for the advice. I tried baclofen and tizanidine in the past without success. I think clorazepan was mentioned i will investigate this route and magnesium chloride again.xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.