Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

beki
5 years ago

Hey Pulpculture, @gpeps deleted a spam user this morning that was sending out spam messages. Sorry to hear you got attacked too. Keep us up to date and let us know any users who seem to be spammers. Thank you! πŸ™‚

stevedomino
5 years ago

cool – i got a contact through this site from a yahoo.com address:

“I am a single lady,i contacted you because i saw your contact and pick interest in you because you match mine,dear i will like you to understand me and to know about me very well”

bearing in mind that my ‘pick’ is of me as an animated computer penguin, i tried hard not to get my hopes up…

Farewell, “Miss geogil” – we’ll always have Paris… x

πŸ˜‰

gpeps
5 years ago

It’s a pain. Sorry to all those that received messages. Please let us know as soon as it happens and we’ll zap them. We’ll look at reintroducing a captcha before sending private messages which will at least make it more difficult / time consuming for them to spam.

Pulpculture
5 years ago

Oh I thought it was genuine. I have posted her a load of money to get here, my front door key to let herself in, 400 Marlboro and a couple of Maeve Binchy books for the journey and jar of my mums home made jam. Nevermind.

DJDsouza
5 years ago

lol

smallbrowngirl
5 years ago

lol
I actually sent Beki an email about this b4 reading this post. I did indeed get a friend request and bizarre email from Miss geogil too. But when none of the deatils came up on shift, I did think summit dodgy was goin on. I too have a yahoo account
Adaresh

aardvark
5 years ago

@Pulpculture you might have been taken in by @geogil2011 – it’s an easy trap to fall into so don’t feel bad – you’re not the first and you probably won’t be the last. They’re getting so devious – @frairmaxs18 is throwing out all sorts of existential questions (like “Can you avoid getting wet in the rain?” or “You are either tired of eBay or you are obsessed with it”) what chance do we mere mortals have against these Siren calls???

And don’t even get me started on @agg111, writing her love calls in a foreign tongue, so seductive, yet demure. Apparently she wants to ζ–Ήγ«γŠε°‹γ­γ—γΎγ™ me, whatever that is. I just hope my wife doesn’t see this…

Pulpculture
5 years ago

I can live with losing all the money. The Maeve Binchys I had a sneaky read before sending – it’s the loss of the Jam that’s so upsetting.

chueykooh
5 years ago

She tried to get me too, but I knew better.

CaptainKristoff
5 years ago

I was almost sucked in, glad I saw this thread before replying! Oh well, my winnings from the Nigerian lottery that I won last week (weirdly I don’t even remember entering but I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!) should help console me…..

bubblesgalore
5 years ago

i deleted it too…. xx

Becks
5 years ago

whilst i appreciate this is a serious issue, all of your posts have made me laugh out loud after a rubbish day at work being sworn at and verbally abused by a client so..THANK YOU!! πŸ™‚

celinec
5 years ago

This has made my evening! Still chuckling while looking up recipes to make some jam to replace any lost. πŸ˜€

dnavia
5 years ago

Had the same thing happen to me.

beki
5 years ago

@aardvark – although I personally think what agg111 had to say was profound:
(Google translate had to help with the Japanese) “I ask you to experience more of an implant will ask you to experience more of the implant. But it is currently considering an implant, but lost that bad breath is disturbing. Or more? Bridge? Implant dentures, tooth itself is not any, bad breath, should I give up or will?”

I have, alas, now deleted her. Also, you should be Shift.ms Spam Spotter – impressive work!

aardvark
5 years ago

@beki hmm that wasn’t quite as erotic as I was imagining. πŸ™‚

danrb80
5 years ago

Haha I had the same message from Geogil2011 bless her. I loved reading her message and I wanted to so help her and contact her, but something wasn’t right with her. It was her spelling and grammar πŸ˜‰ nah i’m kidding but yes she is a naughty girl.

chueykooh
5 years ago

You guys shouldn’t be talking about her like this. She’s a very nice lady πŸ™‚

pottypete
5 years ago

I had it too, haha. Miss Geogil or something. Probably a Nigerian scam or similar. They’re so easy to spot, wid dere spelink mistooks. Lol.

Alison
5 years ago

@pottypete Clearly a need for more humour on here. Time for a new joke thread…? πŸ™‚

smackmacks
5 years ago

Dammit! I never got a request from the Nigerian spambot or whatever she was…what’s wrong with me?? >:-O

aardvark
5 years ago

Hey @beki you should check out users tomu93 and 3CpC96%i21w as possible spanners. tomu93 definitely is unless

“In accordance with the invention, a pipe beveling machine includes a mandrel portion with ramps that move outwardly to engage a pipe s inner surface. A draw bolt attaches to an actuator having ramp receiving portions thereon, and as the draw nut is tightened, the actuator is pulled back by the draw bolt, causing the ramp portions to extend.”

is in some way connected to MS. Tenuous at best.

You should set up some sort of contact to make it easy for people to tell you about spammers without bumping a topic like I have done…

3CpC96%i21w might be although there’s no spam on their account (random names like that are a good sign) but then that might be somebody’s real name. If so, I’m really sorry 3CpC96%i21w. Man, your parents must have hated you…

beki
5 years ago

@aardvark you’re the best. Thank you. I’ve deleted tomu93 and all his inane ravings about engines. I’ll leave @3CpC96%i21w for now, because there’s no spam as yet. It could just be someone attacking the keyboard in frustration at being unable to think of an interesting username…

Please message me with any spam users spotted, or you can always email hello[at]shift.ms.

Thanks again: Shift.msers 1, Spammers Nil!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.