Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

bensdad
9 months ago

When is it sore? In bed? during the day? When sitting?

bonang1975
9 months ago

Gettin up and leaning over. Im starting to think ive done it at work!

bensdad
9 months ago

I would say try pain killers if you can take them and carry on using it as much as possible. You do not want it seizing by not using it, but you do not want to over work it either. Give it a couple of days and see how you feel, no sudden movements a gentle stretching may help.
Good Luck!

bensdad
9 months ago

(And… not a gentle stretching) …. time for bed me thinks! LOL

bonang1975
9 months ago

Thanx guys👍

stumbler
9 months ago

@bonang1975 , it’s usually caused by bad posture. So, indirectly it’s caused by MS. However, I would recommend some gentle stretching. Just remember to stop this if it causes pain.

Here’s just one video, demonstrating some simple stretches:-

bonang1975
9 months ago

Thanx stumbler👍

Anonymous
9 months ago

@bonang1975 @stumbler is correct, as always 😉 Personally I get awful lower back pain & it’s caused by my terrible walking, (ms spasticity), & forever leaning on things. When really bad painkillers do help as this is ‘normal’ pain as opposed to the neuropathic pain in my legs which is caused by the MS. If the pain in your back is not constant the gentle stretches when not in pain will Only help & as above stop if these causes more pain!!

bonang1975
9 months ago

No
w that makes alot of sense because i am always hanging onto things and miss steping so i will do these exersises.

tracyd
9 months ago

I’ve recently had treatment (yesterday) for a spasm in my Psoas Muscle (connects base of back and goes found the front of the hip and down the leg it’s affected my back, my hips, my knees and my walking. After 1 treatment at Berkshire MS Therapy Centre it’s a lot better already so I’m hoping to be bouncing around like a spring lamb soon 🙂

stumbler
9 months ago

@tracyd , what specific treatment was that?

tracyd
9 months ago

@stumbler

The acupuncture physio chap – strangely after one session of having needles inserted in my shins, ankles, stomach, shoulders forearms and hands what I loving refer to now as my ‘asshole muscle’ because it has been one for the last year seems to be relaxing.

highflyingbird
9 months ago

I have a lower sore back since my MS career began. it can be centred or can move to left or right. Caused possibly by the walk or possibly by the nervous system been under so much stress, but im not a doctor its just my guess…..
I find Tiger Balm excellent to help reduce the severity of it. This has worked better than any pain killer or medical rub for me. ……………..stay strong brother…..

potter
9 months ago

I have a pain that wraps around my side down to the lower back. I have been to my GP and neuro about this and they both said they can’t figure out what would cause this. My neuro said it could be a MS symptom. I had a relapse Saturday the whole right side of my body went numb. It was starting to get better when it got worse Monday. So I am feeling hot, buzzy cold pain on that side right now and not feeling other problems. My neuro has me on oral steroids, he said it was just a mild relapse. Potter

bonang1975
9 months ago

I have been told to exercise but i find it sooooo hard with my energy levels so low

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.