candolim 16/07/12
Last reply 5 years ago
so so lost….

I was dx in 2006, had to give up work at that time too as I have other health issues too. I had only been married 2 years when all this happend. I dont feel that this was what this man signed up for.. I have the self esteem of a knat. I really dont know where to turn for emotional support.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 years ago

You’ve come to the right place. We all understand the emotional turmoil caused by this condition.
Your hubby didn’t sign up for this, but neither did you. It’s all part of life’s rich tapestry.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Anything can happen to anybody at any time.
We just have to learn to live with MS. It’s an unwelcome guest, but it can be managed. So, acceptance is the ideal emotional state.
Your husband loves you for being you, so put MS into the background and love him back.
🙂

DJDsouza
5 years ago

@candolim, why the name Candolim. There’s beach in Goa called that…. and ditto what @stumbler said 🙂

chueykooh
5 years ago

ditto to what stumbler said also, that is wise advice. MS doesn’t make you less of a person.

candolim
5 years ago

Thank you, I know I need to accept this shite, learn to live within its limitations and not feel lacking whilst I do.. ho hum.. wish me luck!I was an extremely driven lady, head of a corporate organisation. I felt equal to my man, sadly no [email protected] DJ Candolim is my second home, I love it.
I think for my very first post I should come back when I am feeling a tad more positive… thanks guys x

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Remember, You have MS, MS does not define you

Anonymous
5 years ago

@ Candolim
I completely agree with everyone’s advice above me and believe it too.

And I know exactly how you feel! My partner and I had just started dating before all of this craziness and he was my friend friend for years before that even. But recently its not uncommon for me to look at him and ask him if he is SURE he wants to completely tie his entire life, to really BE with someone who had a sickness like MS. With all the responsibilities and difficulties that come with being the partner, friend, and caregiver.
I’ve come to realize that its more of a worry for me then it is him. I know that its not exactly an uncommon thing for people in relationships to jump ship or have problems with a partner that has MS because it “wasnt what they signed on for” or “It wasn’t in the plan” or “its just too much work”.
But if the truly LOVE you for you….then the MS shouldn’t matter. You are not MS.
EVERY relationship takes work. Relationships with MS is no different. Honesty and communication and understanding are the keys.

Try to keep your head and feel free to rant/talk your feelings out on here. Its what we are all here for.

stumbler
5 years ago

@candolim, use this forum to help unburden yourself. It’ll save you bending your hubby’s ear.

🙂

loulou
5 years ago

Ahhh Stumbler you have just reminded me of a wonderful holiday where we spent time on Candolim beach !
Candolim if your relationship is strong then you should be able to turn for your man for support
2006 was a long time ago, he wouldn’t be with you now if the MS thing was too scary, but just remember the only people that really understand the feelings and emotions of MS is US, fellow MSer’s and we are always here, no matter how much love we have around us we cant help but feel so alone sometimes, Shift makes me feel not so alone!

Anonymous
5 years ago

@loulou – AMEN!

Anonymous
5 years ago

There are so many rotten things about this disease, and unfortunately, the robbing of our confidence is one of those. You aren’t in this alone. It is very cathartic to post in forums with people who know what you are experiencing. I was always one to do it alone, but I feel so much better talking to others like me. Like everyone said, you came to the right place. Let it out, kindred spirit!

chueykooh
5 years ago

@heatherl I have always said that my confidence was one of the most important things MS has taken from me. Not anymore though, I got it back after struggling with that for years 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.