Last reply 3 months ago
Sleepy sleepy

So difficult to get out of bed whilst this medication is still in your system. Amitriptyline is like a way to catch-up on many hours of lost sleep, however I think I shall reduce my mg down to 10 from 20. I can’t quite sleep without it but I need to start seeing more hours of daylight.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 months ago

@jayjay10 , ensure that you take the Amitriptyline at least 12 hours before you intend to get up the next day.

This should avoid the “zombie effect” the next day.

jayjay10
3 months ago

Hey Stumbler,

The zombie effect has already taken control 😂

Thank you for your advice, I will attempt to take it approximately 12 hours before wake, problem I have is the consistency of time I take the medication. It can be 21:00…23:00 or even about 01:00..

Like I said above, zombie effect is now part of me, I shall be in the latest horror movie 😉

All the best!

stumbler
3 months ago

@jayjay10 , the Zombie Effect is not a good look. 😉

jayjay10
3 months ago

I use it to my advantage when i’m frustrated haha.

vixen
3 months ago

Hey @jayjay10, that Ami grogginess is a nightmare! I’ve found that just 5mg, ie, bitten in half gives me a good night’s sleep. And yes, the 12 hour rule should work a treat if you get it right

jayjay10
3 months ago

Hey Vixen,

5MG!!!

If only I could reduce mine 😂… That quantity of Amitriptyline astonishes me as I rely so much on these due to those irritating twitches throughout the night.

You do give me a great idea, I might attempt to cut off a quarter of the tablet to reduce it ever so slightly. 😉

All the best Vixen!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.