Last reply 1 month ago
Sleep

I have woken up like a savage bear 🐻 from hibernation am so freaking tired and I am tired of being tired 💤……..

Now I have to go to work and pretend am normal and not this savage beast who wants to sleep again 😴

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@niteowl , this has been going on for a bit for you. Why don’t you have a chat with your Doctor and see if they’ll sign you off for a week, to give you a chance to re-charge your batteries……..

nutshell88
1 month ago

I’ve been feeling same way as you.
So I asked my boss for 5 days off
And now its the national day vacation my lucky day so its 7 days off
I’ll return to Work tomorrow 😶

niteowl
1 month ago

Yes it has stumbler have given it some thought and now I am considering going to the dr and being signed off, my work don’t know what’s going on and quite honestly I don’t trust my bosses to keep it to themselves 😬
Am sure my Dr can find a valid reason, at work a lot am now getting pains in my neck shooting down to my shoulder just lasts a few seconds and then gone on top of the limp which after looking at the link I think your right seems like foot drop

Just falling to bits at the moment 🙈 rest sounds like a good plan finding it hard dealing with the fact I can’t do what I used to be able too …..

niteowl
1 month ago

@nutshell I hope the rest has helped a week off sounds like bliss lol …..

stumbler
1 month ago

@niteowl , the shooting pain from your neck sounds like it might be a touch of L’Hermittes Sign :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/lhermittes-sign

I can sense some understandable worry/stress in your posts. Whilst I understand that things are difficult for you, you do need to try and manage this, as it will make things worse.

Try and switch yourself off by immersing yourself in music, a book or a film to take your mind somewhere else. You might also want to look into Mindfullness, as a way to deal with this.

niteowl
1 month ago

I took your advice @stumbler and I went to see the dr today and she has signed me off work for two weeks, I feel so guilty but the dr said you need to rest and recharge your batteries……

I have blurry vision in one eye been there for a few days but mentioned it to the dr today and she requested that I see the optition tom so I got an emergency app.

stumbler
1 month ago

@niteowl , never feel guilty. We never asked for any of this and didn’t go out of our way to acquire it.

We’re not guilty, we’re just unfortunate……………

Let us know what the Optician says.

niteowl
1 month ago

Thanks @stumbler she had to refer to her supervisor and couldn’t explain the blurry vision and pain in the back of my left eye said it’s possibly start of optic neuritis couldn’t confirm and said she would refer it back to GP head MRI is finally booked for 19th Oct

I had to go up the stairs and you know the limp can you manage yes thanks it’s getting to the point everyone is noticing it 😢
I feel so awful at being off work, I have to go out cos I have animals to see to it’s a small town and it will be with my work there is nothing wrong with her ….

stumbler
1 month ago

@niteowl , that doesn’t sound like a very competent eye test. Opticians can usually be a bit more decisive.

Try not to worry about what people are thinking. They’ll think whatever they like, despite what you say or do………

Please don’t feel awful about being off work – you don’t want this. Just don’t worry about any small mindedness at work – it’s none of their business!

niteowl
1 month ago

She was really young and I don’t think she has the experience, her boss never even came and spoke to me he just said refer her back to gp….

I did get stronger glasses but that doesn’t explain it 😢

I really don’t want this but it is what it is …. I know am getting worse than when I first seen neuro just feels like a constant struggle to get answers, hopefully soon eh ?

stumbler
1 month ago

@niteowl , you need to manage the stress that this is causing you. Stress can be a catalyst for further damage.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.