Last reply 3 years ago
Skydive

Hey all

Just wondered if anyone else has done a skydive for charity before. I decided in March while in hospital that I would do something to raise money for ms research. I found a place that does charity skydives so have emailed them. I’m scared of heights so it seems like a good idea 🙂 just wondering if anyone has any experiences to share 🙂 x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@hannah015 , been there, done that, back in August. The following link was my attempt to garner a bit of financial assistance, but towards the bottom, I have posted a link to the video that I had made.

https://shift.ms/topic/a-bit-of-help/

Do I have a head for heights? No, not really, so it was a challenge.

But, I didn’t feel scared. At 10,000 feet, it did seem a crazy, ludicrous thing to do, but I was being pushed by quite a bit of sponsorship…….. 😉

hannah015
3 years ago

Looks fun @stumbler, well done 🙂 hoping to do mine soon. Excited but bet on day I will be nervous lol 🙂

naim
3 years ago

@stumbler i finally get your nick name #sigh
btw wheres the vid of you being pushed off the plane? i read the whole thread but didnt come accross a vid lol! or maybe i just missed it :/

naim
3 years ago

@stumbler ah i did miss it lol! just saw the virgin link now

the-pond
3 years ago

Hi

I did one a couple years ago and utterly loved it, one of the best things I’ve ever done. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. I think it’s because, if I’m stood on top of a cliff, it’s a bit scary as I can easily imagine myself splatting at the bottom. But when I was sat on the edge of the plane, the ground was so far away that I my brain didn’t think I was in any danger of hitting it, so there was no need to be scared. The falling feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when on a rollercoaster only lasted a couple of seconds, and then it was just an enormous thrill!
And when the chute opened it was the complete opposite experience, as you go from a sheer adrenalin rush to peaceful calm in just a few seconds.

I highly recommend you get a DVD done. I wasn’t going to as it’s pretty pricey, but I’m so glad I did in the end, as I’ve now got a permanent reminder and can relive the experience whenever I watch it (if you search youtube for ‘the day I jumped out of the sky’ you’ll find it).

Have fun!

Dan

hannah015
3 years ago

Hey @The Pond

Sounds fun to be fair, good on you for doing it. Think I will love it once I have done it. I have just searched utube and can’t find your video 🙁

the-pond
3 years ago

Here you go – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVP8Fot8yI4 (and as you’ll see from the video, make sure you plan something beforehand to say to the camera, to avoid being put on the spot and looking like a bit of a muppet!)

Dan

jdd0310
3 years ago

I’m intending to do a jump when I visit my son in New Zealand next year. It’s on my bucket list and maybe I can raise some money at the same time.

northernlass
3 years ago

Wicked video of your jump Dan @Thepond .. worth every penny and you came across fine not a bit of a muppet :D.. “beards ARE great !! “.. my son has one and he is called Dan too. Merry Christmas 😀

thecuriosity
3 years ago

I’m also super afraid of heights, but my sister wants to do the three peaks challenge, so we’re looking at maybe doing that instead, I’d say go for it if there’s no obvious health reason to stop you, because you’ll feel great about yourself, and help research!

And keep us posted. 🙂

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Yes! Do do it! … I jumped the same day as Stumbler to raise money for The Sussex MS Centre … One of the best experiences ever and I am jumping again next summer with a couple of friends… I wasn’t nervous as I have always wanted to do it and it was amazing 🙂

Do post your fundraising page when you’re all set up… Also yes get a video, it is worth the money and you’ll also get lots of pics 🙂

xxx

the-pond
3 years ago

Thanks northernlass – beards are, indeed, awesome!
Dan

hannah015
3 years ago

@thepond

Awesome, you didn’t seem scared at all looks so much fun. I will be petrified before hand but totally worth it I feel. Thanks for posting your video and well done 🙂

hannah015
3 years ago

@jdd0310

Doing it in New Zealand will be amazing so jealous 🙂 have a fab time

hannah015
3 years ago

@thecuriosity

Oooh that will be awesome 🙂 yeah I’m terribly afraid of heights so be good to do for me and raising money and awareness for ms on the way 🙂

hannah015
3 years ago

@cazzzzy

Fair play to you, how awesome 🙂

I will let you all know once it’s booked up and will post video so you can all have a laugh cause guarantee the video will be funny seeing me scream lol

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.